Sign in to follow this  
Chris

No cams on water by G&F.....coming soon.

All the comments about getting around the new law makes me laugh. So much whining it is honestly just funny. Guys openly talking about how they will get around the new law, like Game and Fish doesn't monitor these sites. If you get busted, they can and will use your words against you, Just some food for thought.

They might monitor this site but they don't monitor the units worth a shoot

• Like 1

Really doesn't matter if you are a bird watcher in yoga pants or a hunter. If this passes every camera on a water hole will be knocked down by people who think they are in the right. That is bad but you know it will happen.

• Like 1

All the comments about getting around the new law makes me laugh. So much whining it is honestly just funny. Guys openly talking about how they will get around the new law, like Game and Fish doesn't monitor these sites. If you get busted, they can and will use your words against you, Just some food for thought.

They might monitor this site but they don't monitor the units worth a shoot

Too much truth to that! I wish there was a way to get more funding for them and double the amount of wardens. It is insane how I have a better chance of seeing a Mountain Lion than a Game warden. Like almost a 300% chance more based on my experience.

No they wont.

They will have to get out of their truck to catch anyone... good luck with that!

• Like 1

I don't read as much about "getting around the rules" as much as I am hearing people trying to make this rule something that it isn't. It is not a ban on trail cams. It's not even a ban on using cams for hunting.

It is a ban on two very specific things. First, there is now a ban on cameras that relay any real time data. meaning "live". The other is a ban on using cams within 1/4 mile of developed water source for the use of taking game.

What it sounds like to me, there are people who don't like the use of trail cams, that want to act stupid and interpret this rule to falsely give permission to mess with somebody else's property.

Using, that twisted logic, I should carry a pound of sugar with me to put in gas tanks of ATV's that I find in a place they are not allowed.

• Like 6

You are correct about the law. No one needs to mess with anyone else's stuff but I bet they will find this as an excuse. I doubt the G&F will be able to monitor this new law very well as it would take a lot of new people to do it.

I see no mention of seeps or springs, so do you think hanging a camera there is still ok?

If I stumble upon an active seep and I place a few cantaloupe size rocks around it, would this be considered a "developed" water source? Just curious.

So it's unethical to use one around a man made water source but not on a natural water source. Now that makes a lot of sense.

at least they can try to monitor cams at tanks where there are dozens.

to try to monitor any one of the hundreds of natural streams be kinda hard

since it does state man made development I would guess that includes any of the lakes here in AZ, as they are all manmade!

Might just as well sit back for a year and see how it shakes out. I don't have any but they are fine in my book.

what happens if you have a camera on a natural seep that is 400 yds from a drinker that you do not know exists. Is G&F going to publish the gps coordinates of all the drinkers, etc.

what happens if you have a camera on a natural seep that is 400 yds from a drinker that you do not know exists. Is G&F going to publish the gps coordinates of all the drinkers, etc.

I think all the G$F drinkers are published, but I could be wrong.