Sign in to follow this  
Chris

No cams on water by G&F.....coming soon.

Game & Fish will have a difficult time getting convictions IMO. Should G&F go into confiscation mode @ water, I think G&F could be easily set up for a lawsuit by a lawful trailcam user.

I think the way its worded they could prove intent, simply by proving you have a hunting license. I think with this ban, deer and elk will get bigger and hunting will become hunting again. Not a hybrid form of fishing that many of the trail cam guys practice.

• Like 2

If an officer pulls up to a water in August and there is a camera there, he would not have enough evidence in front of him to claim that this law was broken and he could take it in my opinion. What if I go to hunt my favorite water source and sneak in before daylight, and after light I see a camera on the water directly across from me? Do I leave? Do I go throw the dude's camera in a bush so if an officer pulls up I don't get a ticket?? Seems like there is so much wrong with the way it is worded. Needs to be all or nothing. What really matters is how the officers are going to interpret it.

As a suggestion "cameras on a developed water during any big game hunting season for the unit in which a water is located is unlawful"

I enjoy cams and use them other places besides water so they won't get stolen. This new regulation only affects the less average hunters anyways.

"No officer that camera is not mine", I am sure if you look at the name on the camera, you will note it is GO JUMP IN THE POND - as you can clearly see that camera is not mine the spelling of my name is different.

I enjoy cams and use them other places besides water so they won't get stolen. This new regulation only affects the less average hunters anyways.

Huh?

He is saying he is above average..

So if you are a less than average hunter and you use a cam it makes you average?

I believe the reg is only for instant or soon pics such as live pics that someone can see if a animal is on the spot right now. So dont get all roused up yet. Talk to the commission or just keep flapping your jaws. Probably the latter. <_<

I just looked it up again and it says live action cameras.

I believe the reg is only for instant or soon pics such as live pics that someone can see if a animal is on the spot right now. So dont get all roused up yet. Talk to the commission or just keep flapping your jaws. Probably the latter. <_<

I just looked it up again and it says live action cameras.

You are not correct. There are several parts to the new proposals. Live actions is one section, regular game cameras on water is a different section.

• Like 1