idgaf

when an average hunter gets a strip tag. In the field updates

1 hour ago, Adicted said:

Have a feeling something went wrong. 

Looks to me like he whacked a buck and hung it and critters ate it and now he has to roll out to get new tag. That is my guess cuz that quarter is tore up. If so that SUCKS! :( Actually that is 3 hooves we are looking at. 1 hind and 2 shoulders but they look munched and a quarter M.I.A. assuming it is the quarter that was tagged. Ok really gotta know now what is up

1 hour ago, hoghntr said:

Looks to me like he whacked a buck and hung it and critters ate it and now he has to roll out to get new tag. That is my guess cuz that quarter is tore up. If so that SUCKS! :( Actually that is 3 hooves we are looking at. 1 hind and 2 shoulders but they look munched and a quarter M.I.A. assuming it is the quarter that was tagged. Ok really gotta know now what is up

That was my thinking also

but you have 4 more days so thursday night spill the beans I am in this till the end.

• Like 1

Never knew you could get another tag because critters ate your kill. Doesn't sound right..

Looks to me like he boned it out and spread it open to let it cool.  I only see one rear quarter hanging there though. I hope I am right...

EDIT....

Saved the photo and blew it up....it DOES look like 2 fronts and a single rear quarter...….

If some A-hole jacked the tagged rear and head, post photos so we know what to be looking for......

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Never knew you could get another tag because critters ate your kill. Doesn't sound right..

I was more thinking if tag was on quarter that was taken you would need a replacement tag before legally having that deer in cooler.  Just a hypothesis

Side note If meat is bad on a animal from prior injury and it has gangrene I believe they will issue you a new tag.

• Like 1

I can't handle the suspense!!! Get back here idgaf!!! :) hopefully the trip to Show Low was for no unfortunate reason and hopefully all is well with you. 

• Like 1