Sign in to follow this  
Yuma Outdoorsman

Desert Forkie

I have had this buck on camera for the last 3 or 4 seasons. Each year he gets a little taller and a little wider. I keep going back and forth, if I had the chance to shoot him, would I do it? I think this year, that will be a yes. Something about a big forkie just intrigues me. Would you guys shoot him?

forkie.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

14 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

For me it would depend on what ive already gotten before.  

I haven't shot anything over 170" I'd guess but I do have a 27" 5x5, couple decent 4x4's, and some decent 3x3 and 3x4's that I was lucky enough to take in the past. I guess for me seeing how I've already shot a 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5, it would be cool to take a 2x2 to finish the series off. If I get the chance, I'm probably going to take this buck. I'll post more pictures of him in October and let you guys see how he finishes up, as long as he keeps coming in. Thanks for the responses.

That’s an awesome/cool buck.  I don’t think I’d let him walk by without putting an arrow in the air

I've never been a "how much does it score" type. Thus, I would shoot it without hesitation just for its uniqueness. 

I killed the 3x3 buck below in Colorado because of its symmetry and the unusual little devil points in front of the main beams. 

I44237.jpg

• Like 3

Depends.  Up on the Kaibab or Strip, no.  Anywhere else, yes. 

If he has been a 2x2 for 3-4 years, his genetics are bad.  So cut him from the gene pool now.

Agreed I love big 2 points, mule or white, just like huge 5 point bulls. Just me