More D

Strange things found while out hunting.....

Hunting pigs during HAM, came across this tail wing of a plane

0?ui=2&ik=01b9887faf&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1652666945468945825&th=16ef73d4a8b4d5a1&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8wHQdSFWnRxoB0Vcqo5EhjnE2_lHO3EJGVyCpmIPfbmFbYDDQ41-KToowGoMIDzP9HqSfK2TMs5Yp0nsMA_DdXn_ATStS2V1kDtP0j16L5dyY0UEbdSEI-r34&disp=emb

9 hours ago, CouesFanatic said:

VQSqN4w.jpg

bsa troop logo?, also possibly a fire crew referencing the Mann Gulch fatalities(every crew has someone reading or has read the book).

there is a short rock wall built for about a mile on the north canyon rim of show low creek above fool hollow lake.  starts just west of the siphon and runs west almost to the dam.  park staff have never heard of it, locals can't remember any large groups of scouts or other kids camping up there.  a mystery.

a solved mystery were the thousands of yards of 40lb test monofilament line running through the treetops around heber/overgaard in the late 1960's.  deputy's said it was drug drops-drop plane would tie a thousand yard spool of line to a duffle and push it out the airplane letting the spool unroll at 150mph.  no gps and hard to see planes in the dark so the ground people would find the line quick and hot-foot it to both ends for the goodies.

2 hours ago, Zeke-BE said:

Hunting pigs during HAM, came across this tail wing of a plane

0?ui=2&ik=01b9887faf&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1652666945468945825&th=16ef73d4a8b4d5a1&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8wHQdSFWnRxoB0Vcqo5EhjnE2_lHO3EJGVyCpmIPfbmFbYDDQ41-KToowGoMIDzP9HqSfK2TMs5Yp0nsMA_DdXn_ATStS2V1kDtP0j16L5dyY0UEbdSEI-r34&disp=emb

a great book is "Faded Contrails"-an avid hiker chases down a good number of the military air crashes in Arizona since WWII.  lots of hardparts still out there, lots of great stories in the book.

lee

I was out hunting for purchase orders at work yesterday I was about 2 minutes from getting hit by this plane. 

Resized_20191211_091944_7589.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 4

I seen this on the news earlier. Glad everyone is okay.

3 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

I was out hunting for purchase orders at work yesterday I was about 2 minutes from getting hit by this plane.

CWT.com    we have Arizona covered-nothing happens without one of our on-the-scene reporters filing the story!

lee

• Like 1