elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

4 hours ago, wildwoody said:

They are saying 2.2 million are projected to die in the US. But we just hit 1000 deaths

Did you mean to state 100 instead of 1,000 deaths? If you did mean to state 1,000, would you mind sharing where you received that info? Not intending to challenge your statement, but I think it's important to point out those figures differ from what is widely being published, from the CDC in particular - 

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*
  • Total cases: 7,038
  • Total deaths: 97
  • Jurisdictions reporting cases: 54 (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands)

* Data include both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 reported to CDC or tested at CDC since January 21, 2020, with the exception of testing results for persons repatriated to the United States from Wuhan, China and Japan. State and local public health departments are now testing and publicly reporting their cases. In the event of a discrepancy between CDC cases and cases reported by state and local public health officials, data reported by states should be considered the most up to date.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Nice share!

I bird-dog this thread for a kind of social temperature check along with some of the marginally funny humor.  Adding some good fact-based resources isn't a bad idea!

• Like 1

oh yay! a liberal troll!. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

oh yay! a liberal troll!. 

I was thinking the same thing.

he would be better off in NY where the USN deployed they USS Comfort... or he could wait till they Deploy the USS snowflake to the Ca coast.  maybe even wait to find the USS TwinkleToes somewhere

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

I've seen speculation of close to 10M. My son told me he went to a Bashas yesterday and the cashier told him there was a line of 50 people at 6AM when the store opened.

5 hours ago, wildwoody said:

They are saying 2.2 million are projected to die in the US. But we just hit 1000 deaths

where you guys seeing this shoot fagbook? CNN NYT's ????

At least put up links if your going to spread hysteria

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Delw said:

where you guys seeing this shoot fagbook? CNN NYT's ????

At least put up links if your going to spread hysteria

https://t.co/AwE2cHIbeJ?amp=1

Here's a link to the report from imperial college covid response team.  Reportedly this is the model that the US and the UK are basing our response to the virus from.  Unbiased scientific report which shows possible outcomes.  

You may use it how you like. 

• Like 1

We have about two weeks to get people back to work and spending money again before we are plunged in a huge recession. 

The streets are empty. The only place still bringing in money is the grocery store. 

In the span of 3 weeks, We went from a thriving consumer driven economy to one now being boosted by a trillion dollar stimulus. 

7 hours ago, wildwoody said:

They are saying 2.2 million are projected to die in the US. 

with no sports i wonder if vegas is taking bets on this, id be down to put a G on the under. 

• Like 2

If true, that number must be worldwide. I don't see anyway 2.2 million die in the USA when only the frail or immune system problems are the high risk groups. 

80% of those infected will have only mild symptoms.  

Hope not anyway.