elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

Ok folks, looks like this may get rough for a bit.  If this what I think it is, we looking at a mandatory lock down going into effect not only here but everywhere.  Be safe out there its the best chance we have at slowing this down. 

Hopefully I'm wrong but once the guard is in place it won't be long after.  

Hoping for the best.

Screenshot_20200319-173129_Twitter.thumb.jpg.d8c063099072c1d75a8dd6dcf8904477.jpg

10 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

Ok folks, looks like this may get rough for a bit.  If this what I think it is, we looking at a mandatory lock down going into effect not only here but everywhere.  Be safe out there its the best chance we have at slowing this down. 

Hopefully I'm wrong but once the guard is in place it won't be long after.  

Hoping for the best.

Screenshot_20200319-173129_Twitter.thumb.jpg.d8c063099072c1d75a8dd6dcf8904477.jpg

He’s following what other states have done. Like natural disasters, I believe they’re being used as support. 

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/coronavirus/2020/03/13/national-guard-activated-to-combat-coronavirus-spread-in-six-states-more-to-follow/

• Like 1

Drove by the local foodbank the other morning and there were 100 people in line at 6am

My wife just got back from the grocery store. Really not much of an issue getting food. There were a few things they didn't have but for the most part we got all our normal food.

Is it particular TYPES of food or maybe particular neighborhoods/parts of town that are struggling to keep up?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

My wife just got back from the grocery store. Really not much of an issue getting food. There were a few things they didn't have but for the most part we got all our normal food.

Is it particular TYPES of food or maybe particular neighborhoods/parts of town that are struggling to keep up?

Not sure but here in west Tucson its chicken thats been out.  So we just bought a spring turkey to cook up.  

Been good on steaks n beef here. 

Yup, mine went yesterday.  Seems like we got pretty much everything we normally would minus chicken and pasta.  Some of the brands are not our normals, but they work right now with the hysteria

Natl Guard is there to stop hoarders from "gaming the system."

Pretty sad people have to act like hogs over such an nonessential item. Check your mailboxes for ration books.

• Like 3

Eggs & chicken have been out for everyone I have talked to.  

Out here in East Mesa we’ve got an interesting situation with full time residents competing with snowbirds. Normally it’s not an issue, but adding an extra 1,000 people into a neighborhood grocery store is causing a strain for sure. They’re leaving now, so it should help out a bit. No ill will towards them, they bring in lots of money into the local economy. It’s just an observation. 

With that said, I’m finding everything I need except TP. But I’m good to go with that. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rcdinaz said:

Eggs & chicken have been out for everyone I have talked to.  

I've been buying eggs on facebook marketplace. Have about 10 dozen. I'll give a couple to my dad and my mom, if she needs any. 

4 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I've been buying eggs on facebook marketplace. Have about 10 dozen. I'll give a couple to my dad and my mom, if she needs any. 

We just got some from the farmers market as well