elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

thoughts while sittin' on my back porch in show low....

turns out this old man is 'essential associate'.  always knew i would work until i drop.

i have friends who are debilitated and very high risk,,,while i am 'essential' so i cannot see them for quite some time.  cannot now follow through on commitments to them.  

maybe a 'slow boat from china' would have been a better idea than intercontinental non-stop jet travel.  but i have never believed in isolationism. 

probably a poor idea but i will start a survey re how bad is bad

lee

Well my Nieghbor that is a nurse 2 doors down across down yonder just positive for the covid-19. 

3 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

word to the wise. If you can avoid going on unemployment do it at all costs stay away!!! I just got off of it. Was unemployed for 7 weeks and it was a fricking night mare! They treated me like I was a dang criminal. Going from 70k annually to $214 a week was a punch in the gut and a kick to the bits. Then they wanna fight you tooth and nail for it. No thanks. I would rather beg on a street corner for dirty coins then got through that again. Good grief. Stay safe amigos

$5.35 an hour?

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

8B6A52AA-ED05-45E1-9DC9-C557B75B02F9.jpeg

Unless you are lactose intolerant. Then you should just eat it on the bowl, wait a few minutes and rinse off in the shower.

• Haha 1

401E8F28-E9A6-4DE6-B36D-3086D927DD4A.jpeg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

401E8F28-E9A6-4DE6-B36D-3086D927DD4A.jpeg

Ya, all these pics and memes are pretty good.  Tons of them floating around the internet.   I'm going to assume most people realize that the 'social distancing' thing is not about someone being scared to go out, though.  Its being pushed because it is a proven method of slowing the spread of a virus WAY down. 

I find irony in this pic/words, because the overall goal of social distancing is the 'greater good' (Similar to some of the sentiment I take from this pic..... ).  The point of the social distancing is to arrest the spread of the virus, and hence hopefully save the lives of many of the high-risk people who are going to be in a VERY bad way if they get it.

S.

• Like 6

So is the social distancing going to last until a cure or vaccine is found? Or is it only for a few weeks, days, months? Not being argumentative but unless is preventable then what’s the point? Get sick now/die or later. Hope it’s not all for nothing

Here's the data tables I like taking a look at daily.  Its from here 

https://twitter.com/kendrickhang/status/1242237673818836992?s=19

He's a software developer that's just interested in the numbers and he puts this up daily.  What I like about his tables is that it gives a visual representation of the number of cases vs Italy's and he offset the data tables to give a day by day comparison to where Italy was for that given day.  So Italy has an 11 day headstart on the infection table.  

What really interest me is the infection rate has remained pretty constant even though the comparison is worlds apart.  

Good thing for the US is the death rate hasn't increased exponentially same as Italy.   

Whats is also interesting with this are all various factors that are variables in these results. 

There are regional, cultural, health care and overall medical differences that contribute to all of this data.   

One thing that stuck with me from the Rogan podcast was the dr talking about how the death rate for the older Chinese men being significantly higher than the woman. Smoking was a large factor contributing to that fact.  

From Italy I understand the cultural practice of kissing when greeting some one and the high population of older citizens is a huge factor. 

With US the death rate is lower and hopefully it remains this way.  However the rate in which we are finding and reporting cases is still rising.  Thats the number we need to have slow down in order not to swamp health care facilities and to give those vulnerable to the virus a shot at beating this.  

IMG_20200323_191513.thumb.jpg.f6e88b2f012567a463cd68e00ea8bc8b.jpgIMG_20200323_191517.thumb.jpg.baecc383c689a3896786763475176234.jpg

2 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

So is the social distancing going to last until a cure or vaccine is found? Or is it only for a few weeks, days, months? Not being argumentative but unless is preventable then what’s the point? Get sick now/die or later. Hope it’s not all for nothing

Its gonna last until those who need it are unoculaded.  It's also probably going to be in waves like Hong Kong is experiencing.  They had the infections down to 0 when they eased travel restrictions. What happened then were their citizens started returning home and some being infected started the cycle back up again 

Seems to me with spring coming up in Arizona being the Sunshine State that can definitely work in our favor compared to a lot of other places in the country.  God bless Arizona

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elecshoc said:

Its gonna last until those who need it are unoculaded.  It's also probably going to be in waves like Hong Kong is experiencing.  They had the infections down to 0 when they eased travel restrictions. What happened then were their citizens started returning home and some being infected started the cycle back up again 

But this virus can’t be killed off by staying home, it will exist on some form of media, no? If not then we all stay home and let it die off. If not then at some point it will surface and infect people. So, are we distancing until there a cure/vaccine or until it dies off on its own?

Why do they keep comparing a nation that is a 1/6th our population and 30 times smaller in land mass?  I can also go into average age, the amount of smokers vs. non-smokers, but we all know those only set us further apart.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, muledeerarea33? said:

But this virus can’t be killed off by staying home, it will exist on some form of media, no? If not then we all stay home and let it die off. If not then at some point it will surface and infect people. So, are we distancing until there a cure/vaccine or until it dies off on its own?

We are distancing to spread the infection rate over a longer period of time.  Inevitably more are gonna be infected, but if everyone gets it at the same time, there will be significantly more deaths.  It will overload the medical system as a whole.  

• Like 5