SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

2 minutes ago, AZLance said:

who or where do we report all the cameras we find in the field to? I saw at least a dozen this past weekend. 

Saw a handful myself. 

2 hours ago, 654321 said:

If the cameras placed on the drinker were part of the employee's job and they looked at the pictures they can legally hunt. 

Where are you getting this information?

I will be posting pics of animals with coordinates/pins attached. Once you look at those pics, by law, you are not allowed to hunt in that area. Brilliant!

Additionally, I will also post pics with no animals, and I think that now means you can't hunt anywhere else because you now know that where the pic was taken, there were no animals so they must be somewhere else and you know that because of the pictures.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rossislider said:

Where are you getting this information?

D. This Section does not apply to any activity allowed under A.R.S. § 17-302, to a person acting within the scope of their official duties as an employee of the state or United States, or as authorized by the Department.

This also applies to baiting and the flying rule.

9 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

You're serious right 654321?

D. This Section does not apply to any activity allowed under A.R.S. § 17-302, to a person acting within the scope of their official duties as an employee of the state or United States, or as authorized by the Department.

This will also be at the end of the flying rule.

654321, are the pics from the AZGFD cameras that are set at water catchment sites "public knowledge" or confidential ?  

• Like 1

Crying that agfd gets to use cameras and we can't, is like crying that police can take drugs off person without getting charged for robbery.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Crying that agfd gets to use cameras and we can't, is like crying that police can take drugs off person without getting charged for robbery.  

If you work for G$F your job inherently reaps benefits. I do find it a stretch though to tell me a land owner, inside city limits with a buck on my trail cam am now in trouble with G$F if I draw a 3C deer tag that I can't legally hunt outside city limits for deer and if I happened to bump into this buck it would be illegal for me to take that buck!!!  That was a mouthfull...........  😞 

I mean......I'm gonna put in for 3C deer just like I have for the past 20 years, and I have no common sense reason to pursue this buck because I know where I really want to hunt and it ain't in my backyard!

buck.jpg.1f774780f25282f56f17e5fec3b6f86a.jpg

14 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

If you work for G$F your job inherently reaps benefits. I do find it a stretch though to tell me a land owner, inside city limits with a buck on my trail cam am now in trouble with G$F if I draw a 3C deer tag that I can't legally hunt outside city limits for deer and if I happened to bump into this buck it would be illegal for me to take that buck!!!  That was a mouthfull...........  😞 

I mean......I'm gonna put in for 3C deer just like I have for the past 20 years, and I have no common sense reason to pursue this buck because I know where I really want to hunt and it ain't in my backyard!

I think we can "what if" this to death.  Like any other law or rule, it will most likely be enforced based on intent.  Some of these scenarios are comical at best.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

How many times have you drawn it in 20 years? Rifle or Archery 

34 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

It just opens the door to have the dept rifle through your data. you could be made an example of or you could get a slap on the wrist. I attribute it to a poorly written rule that was more reactive then proactive.

9 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

It just opens the door to have the dept rifle through your data. you could be made an example of or you could get a slap on the wrist. I attribute it to a poorly written rule that was more reactive then proactive.

That is agreed!