SirRoyal

TRAIL CAM BAN UPDATE 3/17/21

6 minutes ago, plang00 said:

Access fees.......F that.....plenty of other places to hunt.

Nice, thx for helping make the big bo an awesome place to hunt.  
nice Ram hope to get one someday.  

• Like 1

I can see the issue. In certain units with high value hunts guides are putting up a lot of cameras around water sources, disturbing them, leaving their scent and generally being obnoxious. The problem I see with the rules they're looking at is that theyre too broad and may not be enforceable/effective. Seems like a better idea might be to ban cams in certain units all together or write specific rules for guides who are actually causing the problem rather than punishing the average Joe for using cameras. Something like "licensed guides and their agents may not place cams within half a mile of a water source and their cams must have id and contact info on the cams" might work.  Also might add I have yet to see a camera in the field in the areas I hunt but generally dont have an issue with them as long as people arent being stupid about them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, az300wby said:

Why are more states looking to ban cameras?  Must be causing a problem or enough voices are being heard that want them banned.  
I do not see how they will be able to ban them on private property.  That’s just crazy talk. 

You cant take game over bait on private party it wont be any different.

Another comment period will be opened today by Agfd.  Those in favor or not in favor of restricting trail camera usage, please send your comments in to the commissioners.  Stay tuned..🤣

9 hours ago, az300wby said:

Ten years of trolling nice. Guide a hunt and walk in a guides shoes then provide some feedback.  
How much are you asking for your 300wby?

That would be pretty sad if you charged your friends and family. 

Do you know how much time and money and planning goes into guiding a client?  It’s not as profitable as you think.  

I keep hearing the tired ol it’s not as profitable as you think dribble. Please spare me the “I do it because I love doing it.” If that was the case you would do it for free. You guides act like you are giving your first born up in order guide. No one is buying it. Sure your friends tell you they agree and how tough it is for you but even they know your full of sh!t.

Best thing we can do is just keep letting these guides comment on the issue.  They literally are making Agfd's case for them.  Sir royal just admitted that he found that giant bull because of his trail cameras.  Also admitted its all about inches with him.  Bragging about helping with the #2 muzzy bull and throwing out the score.  Guys' freely admitting that a ban will hurt the the average guy more than guides because they won't have as much time to get in the field.  AGFD is saying that exact statement.  Trail Cameras make scouting and hunting EASIER and require less time in the field.  Setting cameras and learning an  animals'habits takes 0 hunting skills which is exactly what fair chase is all about.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Delw said:

Thats kinda BS, theres a ton of people scouting elk during early archery deer season always have been even before the cams got popular. most Hunters will early archery deer hunt in the unit they got there bull tags, cams or no cams .

Ok... I guess we'll see. I'm out there the entire early archery deer hunt so I'll let you know. 

Fellow hunters,

I try to approach these highly controversial subjects with an open mind. I will preface my comments with the fact that I love running trail cameras and have used them for about 15 years. I also have tremendous respect for most guide services and their guides. I also can appreciate the passion on both sides of this issue.

The challenge I face with the trail camera debate is it has changed public land hunting and created more controversy over water especially. I respect Sir Royals opinions, however I have seen it on more than a few occasions in Arizona. A guy is sitting water early archery and another hunter has driven 2 hrs to check camera and it's his only available time to do so. A heated debate almost coming to blows ensues. Not uncommon. I challenge most of you fellow hunters to ask if you would feel comfortable in most units putting an unlocked camera on known water sources?! 

I have had multiple cameras in multiple units stolen in lock boxes....not by guides but by fellow hunters. I even run dummy cameras and have got pictures of guys cutting bolts off. I now run most cameras high using tree steps to access. Once a " trophy" animal is seen on a camera, on a particular water, many people's mentality about that area changes... it's factual data. 

Like most privileges in life that get restricted, the cause is often contentiousness amongst those that value it the most but also abuse it to a degree it ultimately gets regulated. Unless we unitedly work on teaching ethics and morals to the next generation it will continue to spiral downhill.

I have heard of Sir Royal doing some great things for young folks....thank you sir!

I have run into some great outfitters making people hunting dreams come true...thank you! 

We are getting fired up on " the effect"....let's start showing the same zeal working on "the cause". 

Respectfully, Mark B

• Like 6

7 hours ago, az300wby said:

All holy and chit and still a one sided preacher.  You hitting the sauce again?  Guess your an old stubborn mule. Like my uncle guess I like that about you.  Guess we will agree to disagree.  At the end of the day your a good dude. 

Dittos, Your a good guy too! There are very specific reasons why I stand where I stand.  Clue: Azgfd & the Commissioners are telling half truths . STAY TUNED ON THIS! I can get along  with anybody even my enemies but sometimes you have to be unwavering. unbending, uncompromised. 

Demand No Trail cam ban! 

5 hours ago, Markleo21377 said:

Fellow hunters,

I try to approach these highly controversial subjects with an open mind. I will preface my comments with the fact that I love running trail cameras and have used them for about 15 years. I also have tremendous respect for most guide services and their guides. I also can appreciate the passion on both sides of this issue.

The challenge I face with the trail camera debate is it has changed public land hunting and created more controversy over water especially. I respect Sir Royals opinions, however I have seen it on more than a few occasions in Arizona. A guy is sitting water early archery and another hunter has driven 2 hrs to check camera and it's his only available time to do so. A heated debate almost coming to blows ensues. Not uncommon. I challenge most of you fellow hunters to ask if you would feel comfortable in most units putting an unlocked camera on known water sources?! 

I have had multiple cameras in multiple units stolen in lock boxes....not by guides but by fellow hunters. I even run dummy cameras and have got pictures of guys cutting bolts off. I now run most cameras high using tree steps to access. Once a " trophy" animal is seen on a camera, on a particular water, many people's mentality about that area changes... it's factual data. 

Like most privileges in life that get restricted, the cause is often contentiousness amongst those that value it the most but also abuse it to a degree it ultimately gets regulated. Unless we unitedly work on teaching ethics and morals to the next generation it will continue to spiral downhill.

I have heard of Sir Royal doing some great things for young folks....thank you sir!

I have run into some great outfitters making people hunting dreams come true...thank you! 

We are getting fired up on " the effect"....let's start showing the same zeal working on "the cause". 

Respectfully, Mark B

Mark Thank you for the kind words. Big clue:  Here is.  You cant negotiate with something that is already CORRUPT. STAY TUNED! My zeal has led me to learn many things the hunting public would CRY FOUL right to the Govorners office. 

• Like 2

Sir royal is the Q anon of the trail cam debate. STAY TUNED! IT'S ALL GONNA COME OUT SOON! GET READY! . . . And nothing will happen other than trail cams will get some sort of ban in June. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Best thing we can do is just keep letting these guides comment on the issue.  They literally are making Agfd's case for them.  Sir royal just admitted that he found that giant bull because of his trail cameras.  Also admitted its all about inches with him.  Bragging about helping with the #2 muzzy bull and throwing out the score.  Guys' freely admitting that a ban will hurt the the average guy more than guides because they won't have as much time to get in the field.  AGFD is saying that exact statement.  Trail Cameras make scouting and hunting EASIER and require less time in the field.  Setting cameras and learning an  animals'habits takes 0 hunting skills which is exactly what fair chase is all about.  

Dont twist my words. I had him in the summer on cam. He moved on to spot where he could not be hunted. He disappeared on us. We only knew that because we were told.  Believe it or not , I happen to have the Godfather of Elk hunting on our team. He knows how the Elk move and clued me in where to look before he rolled out from the archery hunt. My hunter and I  put together a well thought out plan that morning glassed and found him in his bed at 2:30 pm.we actually passed a 380" bull on our journey to find Him.   Thats real hunting! 

Azgfd and the Commission are telling half truths. You cant negotiate with corruption. 

If you got of your tail and did your own research instead of being a keyboard warrior you wouldn't be drinking their Kool aid. 

10 hours ago, az300wby said:

Ten years of trolling nice. Guide a hunt and walk in a guides shoes then provide some feedback.  
How much are you asking for your 300wby?

That would be pretty sad if you charged your friends and family. 

Do you know how much time and money and planning goes into guiding a client?  It’s not as profitable as you think.  

Oh ya, you’re right it would be sad if I charged friends and family, that would make me a guide. Then I’d be doing it for greed and ego, kinda like what you do.

I honestly don't understand what guides vs DIY has to do with all this. I understand there are some units that get hammered with cameras. That's gotta be frustrating as heck. I don't guide or hunt in any of the premium deer units so I only know what I hear. I completely understand the argument guys are making in favor of banning cameras. You all make very valid points. As I've stated many times, I'm opposed to unenforceable rules and the way this rule is worded, it's totally unenforceable. I was a hard core DIY guy long before I ever thought of guiding so I completely understand the challenges that come with having a 60 hour a week job, 2 weeks vacation and a family. You get to hunt one week if you're lucky enough to draw a tag and then a few weekends here and there for archery deer. Trailcams ARE a huge benefit to DIY guys. They may be for outfitters in certain unit as well... I don't know. As I've also stated, I don't use trailcams so throwing the "guide" thing at me makes no sense. I don't have a dog in the fight. I truly just want what's fair and right for AZ hunters. I also totally oppose more arbitrary, unenforceable rules. 

• Like 1