Sign in to follow this  
COA

The perfect pack for hunting coues.

While I'm hunting I like the Eberlestock X1 euro, but once I have something down the J107 is my favorite pack. The J107 will fit all my hunting gear plus a whole Coues gutted, skinned, and lower legs removed.

• Like 1

I have a badlands clutch that I got a smoking deal on. I like it, but think if I did it again I'd go with the 2200.

• Like 2

We have 3 Eberlestock and a Kuiu. I use the Elk Camp pack for pretty much everything now. I can't get away from having the scabbard even though I have tried.

A Kifaru woodsman with a guild lid will pack down for easy day hunting and then pack all your gear, a coues buck a ground blind and chair. ;)

post-4310-0-69139100-1506922980_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

I won't run a pack anymore that doesn't have a meat shelf. They double as a scabbard or separate compartment when not in use and are non-existent bulk wise when compressed. Eberlestock scabbards are cool, but I've always struggled with the portion that hangs low, dragging on descents, hoping down rocks, setting it down, etc... It's just always in the way. I absolutely love the Tenzing packs for overall construction, organization, and fit. I'm 6' 3" and have run the TZ4000 for a couple seasons and have ended my search for a daypack. Light weight packers could easily run it as a multi-day pack. I lean on the heavier side of spectrum however for extended trips, and unfortunately for me, the TZ6000 is not tall enough for my torso. So I last year I went on the waiting list for the Mystery Ranch Marshall for multi-day trips. It lacks the organizational features of a Eberlestock or Tenzing, but 100% gets it done in all other aspects and excels where I need it to most - hauling.

• Like 1

Ive got two kuiu, a kifaru and an outdoorsmans. My coues last year i packed out 5 miles with the kifaru and it did great, only problem i noticed after that was my feet and a new pair of boots fixed that.

Horn Hunter Full Curl is a great pack the picture below has an entire coues in it...

post-14553-0-43821200-1507143452_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Kifaru with the hunting platform frame and suspension.

They don't make my pack anymore ( Mountain Rambler)

I have had this pack for 3 years and still running strong.

Its worth the investment.

Never owned or seen a badlands that didn't have busted seams or zippers at some point.. the warranty is cool until you've gotta send your pack in every summer. Ditched badlands for a horn hunter pack and I'll never look back. Took 5 years and thousands of pounds to wear one out.

stXAeUf.jpg

C4erxw2.jpg

EvobShn.jpg

cDDpyGm.png

• Like 2

I have 3 different Eberlestock packs.

A Team Elk which has carried out a lot of game, full quartered out & boned mule deer 3 times by myself when I thought "Hmmm....one 2 mile pack out or 3 two mile hikes.......let's just do it once (That sucked every time)

20141027_162444_zps8duqqnxa.jpg

20151201_112225_zpstqqagl4b.jpg

20161119_104548_zpsyw1l08hj.jpg

An X2 that I bought used for Taylor and it is actually more comfortable than my Team Elk pack, but lacks a few nice features of the Team Elk, and doesn't carry the same when fully loaded.

20141128_102047_zpsbalehyv2.jpg

X2 on my brother

20141129_111442_zpsd8kklcz0.jpg

A Blue Widow. I was given this pack, and carried it this year on my elk hunt. I added a scabbard, and it is super comfortable, but a touch big. Missing a lot of smaller pockets, but works great for an optics pack, or carrying elk.

20170930_182007_zpszlnibedb.jpg

• Like 1

You can't go wrong with the Outdoorsman's Optics Hunter pack.

post-15228-0-79233100-1508862636_thumb.jpg

I wasn't sure if I would like the Kuiu 3200 over my Outdoorsmans Optics pack, but it performed quite well last December, packing out a boned mature coues, gear, and rifle...probably around 85 pounds.

post-2983-0-82828600-1508883467_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This one hasn't failed me yet, called a rhino by Yamaha

rc6eyu.jpg

My kinda pack out
  • Like 1