CouesFanatic

New Draw

I will bet that it was well marketed back East.  Just think how much money comes to AZ when a NR gets drawn.

Taylor and I are in. 

Application fee for every hunt number you apply for, 6 hunt numbers.  So up to a $78 application fee if you apply for all 6 hunts.  

2 Muley, 2 WT, 2 Elk hunt numbers.

1 minute ago, lancetkenyon said:

Taylor and I are in. 

Application fee for every hunt number you apply for, 6 hunt numbers.  So up to a $78 application fee if you apply for all 6 hunts.  

2 Muley, 2 WT, 2 Elk hunt numbers.

May the odds be in your favor................

• Like 2

I'm in, would be nice to see the breakdown on how the money is spent.  

We applied our little band of 3. Those whitetail tags would be sweet. The units they chose for carp are interesting. As far as elk, definitely not primo tags, but it would be kind of cool to go smoke a big bull in one of those giant winter herds in Unit 1. Imagine a January cape on one of those beasts.

• Like 2

- The deer and elk really needed another month of the year to be pressured.

- The odds for a sheep tag are better than these.

- I'm in.

Guest akaspecials

Pick one folks:

1. We need a smaller government with a simple big game draw system not corrupted by politics.

2.  We need to continue to make big game hunting as complicated as possible and give G&F more money grab opportunities for undefined boondoggles. 

20 minutes ago, akaspecials said:

Pick one folks:

1. We need a smaller government with a simple big game draw system not corrupted by politics.

2.  We need to continue to make big game hunting as complicated as possible and give G&F more money grab opportunities for undefined boondoggles. 

3.   Game agencies need money to fund projects.  This gives them money.  If you have problems with “what” they are spending it on then take that up, but less is more isn’t the correct way.  Simply reigning back the amount of money you give an agency doesn’t get you more bang for your buck.  The fact of the matter is AZ 85%+ public land and 100% public animals so saying we need “less government” in the G&F sector is not only ridiculous, it doesn’t work.  If you want a hint of what privatized game and fish programs look like go  to Texas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

We applied our little band of 3. Those whitetail tags would be sweet. The units they chose for carp are interesting. As far as elk, definitely not primo tags, but it would be kind of cool to go smoke a big bull in one of those giant winter herds in Unit 1. Imagine a January cape on one of those beasts.

I was thinking exactly same on all fronts…you must be reading my mind. LoL

1 hour ago, CouesPursuit said:

- The deer and elk really needed another month of the year to be pressured.

- The odds for a sheep tag are better than these.

- I'm in.

The amount of pressure put on these animals by one tag holder in a huge geographic area over several weeks probably doesn't even register. Especially considering the amount of archery deer pressure in these units at these times, the impact to deer is a drop in the bucket. For the elk, they may get more pressure from poachers than this will generate.

• Like 2

In a twisted sort of way.......I am hoping Newberg or one of the HUSH guys draws a tag.

Just for the drama.

😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1