Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Forest Rd closed due to bears

Another reason to close a road in the Forest?? No persons were attacked or harmed but they shut down the road because a few people saw a bear.WOW.

• Like 1

Last year when a portion of 22N was closed due to bear attacks, I felt that 22N archery bear tag holders should have been personally invited into that area in an attempt to tag and remove one or more possible problem bears instead of restricting our access to the area. The politics and policies surrounding road closures always seem to be questionable.

NFS way over stepping their authority by closing a major road due to BEARS - This should be wher G&F steps in and patrols and they do something to discourage the bears from hanging around.

advising people to take precautions while outing or camping - stopping people traveling into the areas and tell them about the bears but close the road wasn't necessary.

closing the road is pure B.S.- people traveling the road are in no danger of bears .

• Like 2

I haven't received the whole story, but a friend of mine took his family camping up there over the 4th and they had a bear come into came and refuse to leave. This is with him yelling and shooting his gun off to scare it away. An officer ( dont know if it was FA or GF) hear the commotion and stopped by noticed the bear had no fear and shot or shot at the bear. They were supposed to bring out the hounds the next day and that's all I know.

Once an official decides they want to close a road all they need is an excuse...now they have one.

• Like 1

NFS is obviously trying prevent any potential "Bearjacking" episodes along the route ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just a ridiculous action IMO !

Last year when a portion of 22N was closed due to bear attacks, I felt that 22N archery bear tag holders should have been personally invited into that area in an attempt to tag and remove one or more possible problem bears instead of restricting our access to the area. The politics and policies surrounding road closures always seem to be questionable.

Was that the area around the Ponderosa Camp Ground? I think it was closed for a few weeks.

Wait a second.... YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT THERE'S ACTUALLY BEARS IN THE FOREST?!?!?!?

Jeez, next you'll tell me we have mountain lions...

• Like 2

If the NFS followed that policy in Yosemite or Yellowstone, the whole park(s) would be closed forever.....oh, but those are major sources of revenue <_<