There are errors made by AZGF too. It's not always the card holder or bank. I know this first hand. Agree, charge it all up front. We had to front the money with paper apps.

Writing a check doesn't front up the money

There are errors made by AZGF too. It's not always the card holder or bank. I know this first hand. Agree, charge it all up front. We had to front the money with paper apps.

Writing a check doesn't front up the money

They cash them well before the draw and don't refund until after the draw. I wish they would charge the cards up front too. And NO, they shoudn't go back to paper apps only...this is 2014.

Anyone that hunts in NM sees how the credit card system should work.

Would probably be a good idea to move the archery deer hunts in with Elk/Antelope to give a little more time to prepare for the hard to draw hunts.

• Like 2

If they dont have the money they shouldnt put in then.

Says the guy who had the $ at the time..... I'm willing to bet you'd have a diff view if you were a little short on cash and didn't have it right then.

• Like 1

I would have a different view, id be thinking I need to get my butt in gear im a grown man who cant come up with 44 bucks with a years notice to save it.

• Like 3

Just heard from a friend tht talked to his brother girlfriends mom's husband's uncle that called azgfd and talked to lady at mesa office and she said lost all draw info because power bump and wiped all computers out!now they gotta start all over.

• Like 1

Would probably be a good idea to move the archery deer hunts in with Elk/Antelope to give a little more time to prepare for the hard to draw hunts.

They separated them so that people would have an opportunity to do one draw, and then the other. Some guys can only do a deer hunt or an elk hunt. The same thing goes with kids putting in for youth hunts. Youth elk and deer hunts often occur on the same weekend. Plus, it allows you to be more flexible with your other draw choices if you know for sure that you'll have an elk hunt at a certain time.

I really like having them separate, but I wouldn't hate having the deer draw fall a month or two earlier.

• Like 1

If you don't have the money don't put in for what you can't afford. Here's a thought...online draw apps must be paid with a real bank account not credit card. Imagine my odds of drawing an archery cow tag would be pretty good. Game and Fish could issue a refund check like paper apps legally. Problem solved.....unless you live on cc minimum payments each month....then you shouldn't be putting in anyway! I'm a genious!

• Like 2

Im with you guys. If your short on money to apply for the draw where are you going to get the money for gas, food, equipment, and afford to take the time off work? Also if you want to have a good successful hunt I would think you need money for gas and food to scout a weekend or two. Your looking at around 500-1000 bucks easy.....

• Like 1

Its funny as chit to see everybody so dang moody on here waiting for the results...as soon as those results come out, all the Angry Computer Keyboard Pounders become cool and back to normal. Gotta love the ADDICTION!!!!

• Like 3

Like was said before, the department makes mistakes too. I think A LOT more guys apply without the funds handy for the elk draw. It's right after xmas, there are guys out there like me that are not only putting themselves in but 2-3 kids too plus a spouse. That's a lot to come up with right after the holidays for some people. Do they have any less right to hunt? Because times are tight? I think there are a few here that had better thank their lucky stars they can afford to drop the coin when they want instead of downing those that can't. It's set up the way it is and I'm positive there are a lot of good people out there that are thankful it's set up that way. It makes it take what?... an extra 7-10 days?? Quit complaining!

• Like 2

If you don't have the money don't put in for what you can't afford. Here's a thought...online draw apps must be paid with a real bank account not credit card. Imagine my odds of drawing an archery cow tag would be pretty good. Game and Fish could issue a refund check like paper apps legally. Problem solved.....unless you live on cc minimum payments each month....then you shouldn't be putting in anyway! I'm a genious!

You know something I don't Think anyone should be stating how someone should put in or not! You don't know their situation! Just my two cents and yes I do put in on a credit card, and keep doing so until it changes!

• Like 1