Here's one for you all, I use a cc to put every available soul in my family in for apps that's 8 shots at drawing a good deer or sheep tag now if I had to front the money up front not a chance and by the way 4 of those are grandparents with Pioneer license who have no intention of hunting there in the game just to transfer tags to grandkids.

Do these Grandparents have the intention of being in the field with the kids if they transfer the tag to them? I believe that if the original tag owner (parent or grandparent) is not in the field with them child then they cannot be using it. If they are then I'm all for it.

As hard as it is to get drawn, I don't blame anyone who uses the system to get a tag. If the system allows it, I don't have any issue with it. It's the same for everyone. Just my 2 cents..............

using the system is one thing, taking advantage of the system is different. using 4 grandparents to put in for tags for two kids? not cool, or fair to everyone else. there are already youth hunts that are very premium tags, and fairly easy to draw. this is a great advantage to our youth hunters. also, family members being able to donate tags is an advantage to youth hunters, but this does not mean that one should also take advantage of the system. it probably happens more often than we know, but most people have more tact than to brag about it, especially when he openly admits that he would not be able to afford it

• Like 3

Well on a positive note 654321 successfully derailed the paper app vs credit card argument with that statement. LOL

I'm not really against that process since it says right in the regs it's legal. But to use that to justify why you don't have enough money to apply is.......well......ridiculous.

It is possible to save up that much money to apply, I fronted more than that to apply for Elk, Deer, Antelope, and Sheep in NM. As did quite a few other people.

I am working....but it must be hard for you to turn wrenches while on CWT.COM.

• Like 1

Looks like they will have to Amend the Grandparent Transfer Rules to maybe once.... It may be a legal loophole, but that doe snot make it right.

• Like 1

Here's one for you all, I use a cc to put every available soul in my family in for apps that's 8 shots at drawing a good deer or sheep tag now if I had to front the money up front not a chance and by the way 4 of those are grandparents with Pioneer license who have no intention of hunting there in the game just to transfer tags to grandkids.

Do these Grandparents have the intention of being in the field with the kids if they transfer the tag to them? I believe that if the original tag owner (parent or grandparent) is not in the field with them child then they cannot be using it. If they are then I'm all for it.

That is not correct. The grandparent does not have to be in the field with them. The way the rule reads can make it a bit confusing. It means that they must be accompanied by an adult (the parent or grandparent).

• Like 1

So back to the results where and the heck aren't they posted yet! Geeze get it together Game And Fish, We have waited long enough!

• Like 1

That is not correct. The grandparent does not have to be in the field with them. The way the rule reads can make it a bit confusing. It means that they must be accompanied by an adult (the parent or grandparent).

I have confirmed this with the Department as well. That's the way they enforce it. It was created by statute, and not by rule, so they don't have the ability to clarify it on their own. Leave it to the legislature to flub it up.

Well the fact is, by law game and fish cannot charge your card or cash your check unless you drew. So it matters not whether it's a card or a check, paper or internet. Game and fish cannot even change that because it's a state law.

Well the fact is, by law game and fish cannot charge your card or cash your check unless you drew. So it matters not whether it's a card or a check, paper or internet. Game and fish cannot even change that because it's a state law.

Can you supply that law, since it has been years since I used a check ... But in the past a check was always cashed when received, and Refunds sent by a certain date ... The check contains the application fee which allows G&F the right to cash on receiving for the draw process... It may have been changed but I am not aware of that change...

Not true. They cashed my check the week after I sent my application in.

Not true. They cashed my check the week after I sent my application in.

I heard that was the law with the credit cards but I heard that on here so not sure what the law actually is. They have to cash your check to be able to refund your money, minus the app fee, so I know that's not true for checks.