Well it has to do with paying for services rendered. I don't know how they get around it with checks. I do know that they cannot put the money in an account long enough to make money on the interest.

Usually I get sick of seeing my elk/antelope results over and over while checking for deer results. But for some reason it hasn't bothered me this year. Maybe it has something to do with that line that says Draw Successful next to antelope.

It never gets old.

• Like 4

Usually I get sick of seeing my elk/antelope results over and over while checking for deer results. But for some reason it hasn't bothered me this year. Maybe it has something to do with that line that says Draw Successful next to antelope.

It never gets old.

Lmao same thing here flatlander!!!!!!! Except mine says successful next to elk and antelope!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Just curious, if they originally had 800 to do, and they've only gotten through 300 in two weeks, how in the heck are they going to get through 500 in 2 days?

You'd think the Department would have learned by now that when there is a vaccum of information, people feel the need to speculate, and rumor abounds. Tell people the truth... even with limited information, tell them what you know, when you know it. It's not difficult to spread or provide information in this day and age, and I'm sure they have more than a couple public information folks on staff. Sitting in a corner with the phones jammed and busy for days on end saying "you'll get the results by the 28th", or putting no information out there for people to chew on, is not a productive model, in a state where people have been accustomed to getting the results two or three weeks before that date.

Full fee up front solves it all. Even full fee charged on the day after the deadline to apply or date to update payment info. Run the draw the next week and credit back unsuccessful applicants. One of the do gooder outdoor or hunting groups needs to petition the Department and lobby for legislation to make it happen if that's what it takes. SEVERAL of our neighboring states have FAILED trying to charge cards upon a successful draw. IT DOESN'T WORK. All of those states have gone to full fee upon application or full fee on deadline day.

It's also not a tenable position to reject applicants based on a charge which may occur days or a week after the deadline to update payment info. Every single person advocating that would have a flipping temper tantrum hissy fit and be screaming for pro-bono lawyers to help them sue the Department if their card was cancelled and replaced by the card issuer for fraud or other reasons if they were sitting on quite a few points, or ESPECIALLY max points or close to it and were rejected. For example, you're sitting on 16 points for elk, and your card is cancelled by the card issuer the day after the deadline to update payment info. So you get rejected. You don't get a tag, you lose your loyalty point, and you don't get a point for that application year. REALLY? You're gonna suck it up and LOSE two points, entering the draw next year with 15 points instead of 17? The same guy that can't stand to wait a couple extra weeks to find out what tag he did actually draw, so the Department can attempt to get correct payment information for those that did draw, and he's gonna swallow THAT? Gimme a freakin' break.

Yeah, why on Earth should G&F give a crap whether we start a bunch of rumors or speculate? It has zero impact on them.

If they were able to go full fee up front then everyone would probably wait till the last day to apply so it's not sitting on their credit cards and then the system would crash from the rush and cause another issue.

I still like the idea someone mentioned about having a secondary card on the application incase one fails. Seems like it would cut back on the denial phone calls.

• Like 1

This is no joke I have it on good authority that they still need to hit 500 credit cards. The're hoping to post Friday!

SWEET!! I still have a chance at my sheep tag and deer for that matter.

I have a new program I am working on that employers can install on their computers that will stop employees access to certain web sites. This would also stop the G&F computers from crashing as soon as the results come up because you id--ts all try to get in at once.

Lol... This is hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited too buy this is funny. Same thing every year. Everyone up in arms, wringing their hands about how broken the system is... until they post the results and the crowd will go silent. Then it will start again with the elk/antelope draw. Hunters are like spoiled rotten kids.