If they dont have the money they shouldnt put in then.

well thats a poopy statement are you saying only the rich should hunt, that would be just great . the heck with the under payed. nice

No thats not what i am saying. What im saying is if you dont have the money on your card you shouldnt put in and hope to have it later. I doubt all 800 cards were rejected due to fraud.

• Like 1

No thats not what i am saying. What im saying is if you dont have the money on your card you shouldnt put in and hope to have it later. I doubt all 800 cards were rejected due to fraud.

I have done that a time or two. Just saying.

well thats a poopy statement are you saying only the rich should hunt, that would be just great . the heck with the under payed. nice

Dont try to make this a rich/poor thing.......... it is a responsible thing. If you are a responsible kid or adult you know when the draw is coming and should be able to save the money to apply over the course of a year...... when I was 10 my father made me do this so I could apply. Insted of using the money I made doing yard work for the neighbors on toys and junk food and other stuff I saved it till I had enough to apply for deer elk and antelope. And if I didn't draw I already had enough money for next year minus the app fee, and if I did draw I would start stashing money away again. It all boils down to being responsible with your money. Im not trying to tell people how to live but if you want to do something bad enough you find a way...... just think if you went without that soda, coffie, tea, energy drink, or beer everyday and drank water from the tap........ imagine how much money you could save????? At a minimum that would be $300.00 a year......

• Like 5

Im not trying to tell people how to live but if you want to do something bad enough you find a way....
Um that's exactly what your doing. Telling people how to live. They did find a way. They put it on their card and hoped they'd have enough when the draw came. Who gives a $hit? Let em. Why the heck should they just not put in. Just so you can get your results a few days earlier? That's rediculous. So all of you peoe saying "just save the $. You know it's coming" have never had an unexpected expense? Truck break down or some crap? Seriously. How bout you handle your finances and they'll handle theirs.

go back to money up front, and comments like this ^^^^ will go away. i'm sorry, but if you can't afford $50 for deer, then you cannot afford to go on the hunt.

• Like 2

$50 makes something elitist? maybe G&F shoudl just stop charging anything to hunt? that way not only the rich people that can afford $50 can hunt. it can be a package deal with Obamacare

• Like 2

Talk about beating a dead horse. Game and fish makes a ton of money on app fees. They ARE NOT GOING TO CHANG IT TO MONEY UP FRONT AND LOSE THE REVENUE. Forget the philosophical debate. Nothing anyone says will make a dang bit of difference so why argue about it? Waste of energy.

I'm HAPPY that the department has the extra revenue, they need it. I will sacrifice the one extra week of not knowing exactly where I'm hunting so that have that revenue. For the early archery deer guys, I agree, they need to allow more time. But as far as the money up front bs goes, it's not hurting you personally so let it freaking go. Lobby for an earlier draw for sure but leave the financial planning advice alone. It's stupid.

???? They'll get our application fee REGARDLESS of how they get our tag fees.