Sign in to follow this  
Hunter4Life09

best coues taxidermist

There are a lot of great options. A lot of great sponsors of the site. Mogollon taxi is awesome. Weller's does great work. Pat Newman also. Devin beck(Becker) does great work. I think taxidermy is one of the things where you get what you pay for in a sense. Not saying the most expensive is the best I'm just saying don't let some guy down the street do it because he know you an will cut you a sweet deal.

Shane mentioned the ones I would use....

I use clay at mogollon...not only is he an artist he is a true businessman and it will be done when he predicts it to be done whether you've paid it all off or just the required monies until finished....I hated having my animals at a taxidermist who finished one mount before another because he needed the money.

• Like 3

I agree with Shane. don't chase the bargain, you will be looking at this for many years, you want to reflect on the memories of the hunt, not how big of a hammer you need to get even with your choice of taxidermists. There are a few that do awesome work, and the difference between good and great is all the small details that the greats do. (nasal membrane and eyes) are my pet peeve. I recommend you go online to the few that you are going to consider and look at the deer they have mounted and the details that are important to you.

Just my .02

The original, and one and only kurt listiak who works at trappers den in show lo. There is no one better, especially on a coues deer!!!! His mounts are a must see to believe. If you can't get kurt to do it, clay does great work also in payson.

Clay at Mogollon has done most of my deer and is awesome. I've also had one done by Weller's down in Tucson and he was very impressive as well.

I agree with the above post about any of the site sponsors. I have had mine done at Weller's and can say they do an amazing job! Seeing as you're in southern az I would check out Bud and Gavin at Weller's and Devin at Arizona Wildlife Designs