Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Solo pack hunt

What a crazy busy year so far for me and the mules. Like alot of others many things got in the way of hitting my hunt like i would have liked but in the end I wouldnt have it any other way. I used some of my hunt days to scout for my dad and sons tag in the same unit which we will be heading out for on Sunday morning. We logged about 28 miles with about 22 of those just in and out to camp spot. Some of the more notable items from my hunt, i was able to help out some backpakers in need with some freeze dried dinner, I was able to help out a fellow hunter way in deep with some water, I opened up some new country I had never seen before, but the strangest item was a note or 2 notes left on my truck. One was on my window saying no less than FU and the other was from a good citizen letting me know he found that note and my gas cap off of my truck. Short story is my gas was stolen at a remote parking area. When I came back no one was around and when i parked only one truck was there????? Only can guess what the deal was. Anyway I made it to gas with the fuel light on for 24 miles. Major puckerfactor. LOL

I will post in reloading on the details but my hunt turned into a camping scouting trip on day 1, after hunting the first evening I went to clear my chamber and the case came out with no bullet??? Yep burried the bullet in the lands. Enjoy the pics.

post-10379-0-05535100-1416011573_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-01072600-1416011576_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-86079200-1416011580_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-81895100-1416011585_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-08456000-1416011592_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-35202800-1416011598_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-36455700-1416011670_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-09415800-1416011679_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-96095400-1416011680_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-63938100-1416011684_thumb.jpg

post-10379-0-48074900-1416011687_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Awesome pictures and sorry to hear about the scumbags messing with your truck. I had some hippies from NM loosen my lugnuts once. Good thing we dont catch people like them in the act.

Ha, kind of funny somebody left the second note, the situation itself is not funny and would make my blood boil but the fact that someone left second note about everything is a little funny. Cool pictures though.

Well,. Some people just have not had the proper upbringing. I have a locking door on my tank. I don't know where you were but that is some gorgeous AZ Country. I hope to hike into some places like that this weekend down in 32.

That's really unfortunate that you had to go through all of that BS I hope things get better for you kudos on helping those that needed it good luck to you in the future

Awesome pictures and sorry to hear about the scumbags messing with your truck. I had some hippies from NM loosen my lugnuts once. Good thing we dont catch people like them in the act.

used to cut wood in NM. Always stopped outside glenwood at the river to make lunch by the leaupold look out. Hippies always asked if they could "borrow" wood for their evening fire. I'm surprised dad never had a stroke or killed one of them lazy........?$&@;;/-($&?,$!? Ya know!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune! Nice pics!!

How was the fruit looking?

Glad you remembered your camera

Man I would be mad!

Looks like you still had fun despite the setbacks.

Thanks for the post and pictures!

Jeff

Gas lights have been on my side many times traveling up to 50 miles with no shortage! Sucks someone stole your gas, good attitude you have and glad you helped out others on the trail!

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing. Thank you for helping out those in need. Sorry you had to deal with Buttheads of the world.Glad you made it to the gas station in time.