CouesWhitetail

Please pray for TJ!! He was in a bad quad accident!

TJ & Peg, after finding our about this on facebook, I had to get on this site to get the scoop. TJ,I am so thankful you are not more seriously hurt. I wish you the speediest of recoveries. Peg, don't spoil him too much. You don't want him to get used to that.

Love you both,

Debbie

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and prayers. No broken bones but lots of internal swelling and bruises. I took the full impact of the quad on my back and thought for sure it was broke. I am very thankful to the good lord above for watching over me after I tried the impossible stupid stunt of making it up the mountain side to look for a whitetail for my buddy who has the late 24Bwt tag. Laying 2hrs on a steep/cold dirt road, while waiting on air-vac to find my butt, I wish on no one.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

TJ

• Like 11

T.J.: Glad to know you'll be in shape for your annual summer trip up the mountain. Jean and I look forward to lunch with you and Peg at the Rendezvous.

Bill Quimby

• Like 1

Really thankful you weren't seriously hurt TJ! It's great to hear that you are on the road to recovery. At least you were out there searching for the ever elusive giant Coues and not horsing around like a teenager. ;) However, a man needs to know his limitations and the limitations of his machine and it looks like you reached those here. Get well soon...we've got Coues bucks to chase!! Take care buddy and keep us updated!

• Like 3

Holy Cow! Rolling these machines is no joke... I rolled my Ranger last month and was able to limp away but I have a new respect... Glad you are gunna be okay you tough ol' buzzard!! Hope you & Peg have a Very Merry Christmas and that you are healed up enough to go afield in January!! Cheers!

• Like 3

Wow! Arrived at the party a bit late here, but at least I don't have to panic about the unknown! It is great to know that you were spared serious injury and will have the opportunity to continue helping others in the field to achieve their dreams ahead of your own. Merry Christmas, and may the good Lord grant you the full and speedy recovery that everyone is praying for on your behalf.

• Like 2

Once again thanks for all the kind words and prayers. Much appreciated! It's been a tough 5 days but I finally got some pain relief which is a good thing. I was able to get out of bed on my own this morning and walked a short distance without the walker. I had a lot of time to think about my past life, while laying there on that cold hill side for two hours, and how thankful I was to live another day. I thought about our men and women who have gave so much for our country and the sacrifices they have made with loss of limbs and those who never made it home alive. I truly am blessed and thankful I wasn't paralyzed or dead.

I was diagnosed with a mild concussion, cervical strain, lumbar strain, thoracic strain, bruised ribs, and badly bruised abdominal organs with a lot of swelling. I'm told as the swelling subsides my pain will also.

I'm not looking for any sympathy for trying something stupid just thought I would share since so many have asked for an update.

Here's wishing you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :)

TJ

• Like 7

Once again thanks for all the kind words and prayers. Much appreciated! It's been a tough 5 days but I finally got some pain relief which is a good thing. I was able to get out of bed on my own this morning and walked a short distance without the walker. I had a lot of time to think about my past life, while laying there on that cold hill side for two hours, and how thankful I was to live another day. I thought about our men and women who have gave so much for our country and the sacrifices they have made with loss of limbs and those who never made it home alive. I truly am blessed and thankful I wasn't paralyzed or dead.

I was diagnosed with a mild concussion, cervical strain, lumbar strain, thoracic strain, bruised ribs, and badly bruised abdominal organs with a lot of swelling. I'm told as the swelling subsides my pain will also.

I'm not looking for any sympathy for trying something stupid just thought I would share since so many have asked for an update.

Here's wishing you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :)

TJ

Happy to hear your feeling better!

• Like 1

If you need someone to go check on your javelina honey hole I could probably manage. Better take my bow just in case. Anything I can do to help. 😄

• Like 4

holly cow TJ how am I just reading this now.... thank god you are okay. Merry Christmas to you and Peg.

Andy

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear about your accident TJ!! Glad to here you will be ok. If u ever need any help you know you have a whole community on here willing to lend a helping hand!!

• Like 1

Happy things are continuing to look good TJ and prayers sent for them to keep progressing that way.

• Like 1

TJ,

thanks for keeping us posted on your recovery.

I hope you continue to make good progress and are back at it again soon.

I'm very happy it wasn't as serious as it could have been.

• Like 1