trphyhntr

Snakes?

Anti venom is pretty pricey

The new anti venom used by hospitals is called Crofab and is 60k per dose, an average sized male human will require 2 doses. Right now, I dont think it is covered by any insurance. So you will be out of pocket

Here is my favorite snake pic I've taken. He came over a dead branch 1.5 yards away from me when I was sitting in the ground during a coyote stand. His 5 foot skin looks nice on the wall

image.jpeg

That's probably the biggest rattle I've seen!

The new anti venom used by hospitals is called Crofab and is 60k per dose, an average sized male human will require 2 doses. Right now, I dont think it is covered by any insurance. So you will be out of pocket

Here is my favorite snake pic I've taken. He came over a dead branch 1.5 yards away from me when I was sitting in the ground during a coyote stand. His 5 foot skin looks nice on the wall

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That guy looks ready to rock and roll......cool pic, not so fun having him 1.5 yards away.....

during the warmer months, I find myself looking down at my steps much more than scanning ahead for game. :)

DAMMIT!! I am sitting on site in my work truck, and a dang plastic wrapper blew by my open door and scared the crap out of me just now while I was watching that video!!!

• Like 5

Oh man. Now I have something else to worry about next week in 36B. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

during the warmer months, I find myself looking down at my steps much more than scanning ahead for game. :)

You tell your gf to fetch the napalm out of the utv, instead she brings you an F...ing hockey stick?

Time to reassess this relationship. Heck with the Gopro, its only going to bring nightmares.

I killed a rattler out back and cut his head off. A dude from CWT was coming over to borrow a horse trailer, it was dark out we both had flashlights. so I coiled the dead snake up and placed under the trailer tongue to scare him. Dude hooks up the trailer, steps on it several times but never once saw it till I pointed it out.

You tell your gf to fetch the napalm out of the utv, instead she brings you an F...ing hockey stick?

Time to reassess this relationship. Heck with the Gopro, its only going to bring nightmares.

I killed a rattler out back and cut his head off. A dude from CWT was coming over to borrow a horse trailer, it was dark out we both had flashlights. so I coiled the dead snake up and placed under the trailer tongue to scare him. Dude hooks up the trailer, steps on it several times but never once saw it till I pointed it out.

That is plain mean! I like it!
  • Like 2

you buncha sissies. i'm supposed to wear em. to protect the snakes. they're always bustin' off their fangs and when they do get one to poke me, they die. looks like a miserable death too. rollin' around makin' little snake cryin' sounds. stinkin' snakes. Lark.

Yep.....But what self respecting Rattlesnake would want to bite a ,"salty ol' cuss", like you anyway.? :wub:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Actually the new antivenom is call Antivipmyn and cost about $200 a vial to produce, what hospitals charge/mark up, is outrageous expensive. Crofab has been around for about 10yrs now and is about $2000 vial. Average starting dose for any antivenom is 6 to 8 vials but it can go as high as 20+ vials based on how severe the envenomation is. Bottom line... Don't get bit. Awesome looking snake by the way.
  • Like 1

image.jpeg

That is a sweet rattle. I had a live black rattler with 18 beads living in aquarium in my place when i lived n. Of Payson. of course when i was younger and more reckless.

And yes possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars for treatment unless obamer covers for ya. I heard if you get bit sneaking into the U,S, coverage is free and you can then sue for damages and get green card. ;)

• Like 1

In September while scouting for elk in unit6. I was hiking back to my truck in the dark and heard a rattle looked down at my feet and had a black rattle snake a foot away from my feet. Saw 2 snakes on that trip, plus this guy cruising threw our camp.

post-10770-0-11313000-1444834398_thumb.jpg

Did a similar prank to one of my coaching buddies up in Seligman many years ago...... cept we coiled it up down where the clutch is on his truck......he practically killed me for that incident.......can't say as I blame him.

It was pretty fun to watch at the time though......sent him bailing out of that truck, luckily he had not started the truck up yet.

• Like 1

Did a similar prank to one of my coaching buddies up in Seligman many years ago...... cept we coiled it up down where the clutch is on his truck......he practically killed me for that incident.......can't say as I blame him.

It was pretty fun to watch at the time though......sent him bailing out of that truck, luckily he had not started the truck up yet.

lol, fun with dead snakes.

Years ago I took a rattler i was planning on skinning, out of the freezer and put it inside an unmounted tire in the back of my brother in laws truck.

After a few days of not hearing from him, went about my usual routine of feeding the dogs. Had a big plastic tote full of kibbles on the back porch. I take the.lid off and reach in for the scoop and about seperated my shoulder when I see the rattler in there.

Not cool, cunado!

• Like 3

lol, fun with dead snakes.

Years ago I took a rattler i was planning on skinning, out of the freezer and put it inside an unmounted tire in the back of my brother in laws truck.

After a few days of not hearing from him, went about my usual routine of feeding the dogs. Had a big plastic tote full of kibbles on the back porch. I take the.lid off and reach in for the scoop and about seperated my shoulder when I see the rattler in there.

Not cool, cunado!

Pay backs are a B!tch!!!!!

• Like 1

In Jr. High a friend and I killed a rattler as we walked from the cafeteria back to the school. We cut its head off and put it in a girl's locker. My ears are still ringing from the scream she let out! We would not have been caught except that we were the only two students who were literally laying on the ground holding our stomaches because we were laughing so hard...good times.

• Like 3