Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Returning tag for reinstatement of bonus points

Those look like hybrid stakes.

I attended several meetings and I hope that folks know enough about me to know that I am neither dumber than a box of rocks nor quiet.

I voiced my concerns, offered suggestions that might yield better results. Game and fish was very clear about their desire to increase revenue. I get that and don't have a lot of issue with it. I guarantee you none of those guys were trying to game the system or find a way to get themselves more tags. Most of them are very casual hunters compared to this crowd.

Honestly, I don't think they cared about my opinion. The meetings were very lightly attended and I think the message was clear that the constituency is apathetic and disengaged. They know that there is 0 organization to the hunting crowd. People don't get involved, and some who might be willing to speak up won't take the time to figure out how to. You guys are all talk. You get on here and whine and cry. Well guess what, no one cares. Until you put some action and time and money behind your big words then you are no different than the blow hard politicians you mock. There was ample opportunity to get in front of this. Sportsmens groups could have run it straight into the ground, but even our groups are so divided and self serving that they don't work effectively together. Now go on with your big words and chest thumping posts. See how much difference it makes.

I have calculations to do.

• Like 9

They generally don't care about opinions. States all across the west (G&F) are hurting for $. Thats all they are trying to do is figure ways to make more money..............BOB!

I know a fella that had many bonus points, credit card was charged and he was so excited he got "hit for elk" after some many years,,,,,,,,,,,,, draw results posted....LATE Archery tag.... a mistake on the application killed his many years of applying....

I was drawn for archery tag in AZ (ha hum.. had a great hunt killed a nice bull)... and New Mexico allows a hunter to remove themselves before the results are posted. I did, the fella I put in with drew a tag in NM, glad I pulled my app....

I attended several meetings and I hope that folks know enough about me to know that I am neither dumber than a box of rocks nor quiet.

I voiced my concerns, offered suggestions that might yield better results. Game and fish was very clear about their desire to increase revenue. I get that and don't have a lot of issue with it. I guarantee you none of those guys were trying to game the system or find a way to get themselves more tags. Most of them are very casual hunters compared to this crowd.

Honestly, I don't think they cared about my opinion. The meetings were very lightly attended and I think the message was clear that the constituency is apathetic and disengaged. They know that there is 0 organization to the hunting crowd. People don't get involved, and some who might be willing to speak up won't take the time to figure out how to. You guys are all talk. You get on here and whine and cry. Well guess what, no one cares. Until you put some action and time and money behind your big words then you are no different than the blow hard politicians you mock. There was ample opportunity to get in front of this. Sportsmens groups could have run it straight into the ground, but even our groups are so divided and self serving that they don't work effectively together. Now go on with your big words and chest thumping posts. See how much difference it makes.

Hey flatlander clear your pm's was trying to send you a message.

Hey flatlander clear your pm's was trying to send you a message.

Will do, but act fast, it is perpetually full this time of year with draw info requests. Yes, even though there is a thread lots of people still send PM's like their draw choices are a military secret or something.

I know a fella that had many bonus points, credit card was charged and he was so excited he got "hit for elk" after some many years,,,,,,,,,,,,, draw results posted....LATE Archery tag.... a mistake on the application killed his many years of applying....

he aint the only one, you should see how many people have put 15 points or so for crap hunts that only take 5. 15 points for late muzzy 3b i saw last night, ouch. lol

he aint the only one, you should see how many people have put 15 points or so for crap hunts that only take 5. 15 points for late muzzy 3b i saw last night, ouch. lol

DOH!

that would crush me so hard id probably never leave my house again, just sit in a rocking chair and mumble about mixing up hunt numbers for the rest of my life

• Like 2

This is not a crisis!

When there is a real crisis most of the hunters ban together to fight against it.

Like the Tag Grab !

You guys that go to the meetings ,Thank you !

But you will not make many converts being negative toward those who dont.

There are folks that represent the hunters they are called sportsman's groups.

The top big name hunters are already using every possible legal avenue to get tags

How do you think they can get back to back tags in the best units in the state.

Really it just adds a tool to their war chest in a bad year or they can't find a toad they turn the tag back in.

Wow, did not know their were so many LIBERALS in sheep's clothing carrying guns,..... Others should lose out and pay for Mistakes made on apps , What ever happened to Learn from your Mistakes.... I Have made mistakes on Apps and I sure the heck would not expect a single other hunter to lose out because of my screw up ... Any one who supports this kind of BS the way it is ( I think there should be Tag surrenders but it should not cost and it should be a process that covers specific hardships that must be proven) is no different than the Obama Phone Lovers wanting a free ride because life is so hard and it is not their fault so they should not have to pay for it , others should.

Too many tags in the family this year, I screwed up on my app, I screwed up because I did not know the BP system until after I submitted and a buddy told me , I live beyond my means and now can't afford the extra hunt this year IMO are BS excuses me... Any real excuse that keep a person from hunting that happens in life < I doubt the Hunt or BP 's are going to matter ...

• Like 1

purchase/enrollment online-only to ensure immediate access to member benefits and to enable the Department to link the person's membership with their Department record, when one exists. The proposed rule limits the tag surrender program to a person who has a valid and active membership in a Department membership program; "valid and active membership" as defined in the proposed rule means a paid and unexpired membership in any level of the Department's membership program. The proposed rule requires a person wishing to participate in tag surrender to submit a valid application and surrender the unused, original hunt permit-tag prior to the close of business the day before the hunt begins. One of the most common comments submitted by the public related to the ability for a person to "game" the tag surrender program. For example, a person with a high number of bonus points could offer to apply with other person(s), for a fee, in order to increase the other person(s) odds of being drawn for a valued hunt permit-tag, then the person could surrender their tag, have their bonus points restored, and then repeat the process in the next computer draw offered by the Department. To prevent this from happening, the proposed rule establishes that a person is only eligible to surrender a tag for a specific species once before the bonus points accrued for that species must be expended. The proposed rule also limits the number of tags a person may surrender based on the person's membership level. The proposed rule requires the Department to restore the bonus points expended for the surrendered tag and award any bonus points the person would have accrued had the person been unsuccessful in the computer draw for that surrendered tag. The proposed rule specifies the Department will not refund any fees paid for the surrendered tag, as prohibited under A.R.S. § 17-332(E). The proposed rule also enables the Department to re-issue or destroy the surrendered tag. The Department will base the decision to re-issue or destroy the surrendered tag using specific criteria, such as but not limited to the proximity to the start date of the hunt for which the tag is valid, the type of tag, and whether the tag is for a high demand hunt. The Commission proposes to re-issue a surrendered tag using any one or more of the following methods (in no particular order): 1) Offer the surrendered tag, beginning with the highest membership level in the Departments membership program, to a person who would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process. The person must possess or purchase a valid license in order to be eligible to purchase the surrendered tag. If the person is not interested in purchasing the surrendered tag or is not eligible because the person has already met the annual or lifetime bag limit for that genus, the tag would be offered to the next person within that membership level in the Departments membership program who would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process, and so on. 2) Offer the surrendered tag to a person who has a valid and active membership in any tier of the Departments membership program which contained a tag surrender option and would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process. The same limitations and requirements that apply to method #1 will apply to this method. 3) Offer the surrendered tag to an eligible person who would have been next to receive a tag, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process. The same limitations and requirements that apply to method 1 will apply to this method. 4) Offering the surrendered tag through the first-come, first-served process. For group applications where one or more members of the group is qualified under the particular method for re-issuing the surrendered tag, the Commission proposes to offer the surrendered tag first to the applicant designated "A," if eligible to receive the surrendered tag. If applicant "A" chooses not to purchase the surrendered tag or is not eligible, the Department will offer the surrendered tag to the applicant designated "B" if qualified to receive a surrendered tag. This process shall continue with applicants "C" and then "D" until the surrendered tag is either purchased or all qualified members of the group application choose not to purchase the surrendered tag. The proposed rule specifies that a person purchasing the surrendered tag shall expend all bonus points accrued for that genus, except for any accrued Hunter Education and loyalty bonus points. The proposed rule also allows for an exemption if the effective date of the rule occurs after January 2016 since tag surrender is tied to deadline day for each computer draw and the computer draw deadline may occur before the effective date of this rule. The Commission is concerned that a person who is successful in the computer draw may have the desire, but not the ability to surrender a hunt permit-tag for a hunt occurring later in the same year. In addition, the proposed rule specifies that a person is not eligible to petition the Commission under R12-4-611 for reinstatement of any forfeited bonus points, except as authorized under R12-4-107(M).

purchase/enrollment online-only to ensure immediate access to member benefits and to enable the Department to link the person's membership with their Department record, when one exists. The proposed rule limits the tag surrender program to a person who has a valid and active membership in a Department membership program; "valid and active membership" as defined in the proposed rule means a paid and unexpired membership in any level of the Department's membership program. The proposed rule requires a person wishing to participate in tag surrender to submit a valid application and surrender the unused, original hunt permit-tag prior to the close of business the day before the hunt begins. One of the most common comments submitted by the public related to the ability for a person to "game" the tag surrender program. For example, a person with a high number of bonus points could offer to apply with other person(s), for a fee, in order to increase the other person(s) odds of being drawn for a valued hunt permit-tag, then the person could surrender their tag, have their bonus points restored, and then repeat the process in the next computer draw offered by the Department. To prevent this from happening, the proposed rule establishes that a person is only eligible to surrender a tag for a specific species once before the bonus points accrued for that species must be expended. The proposed rule also limits the number of tags a person may surrender based on the person's membership level. The proposed rule requires the Department to restore the bonus points expended for the surrendered tag and award any bonus points the person would have accrued had the person been unsuccessful in the computer draw for that surrendered tag. The proposed rule specifies the Department will not refund any fees paid for the surrendered tag, as prohibited under A.R.S. § 17-332(E). The proposed rule also enables the Department to re-issue or destroy the surrendered tag. The Department will base the decision to re-issue or destroy the surrendered tag using specific criteria, such as but not limited to the proximity to the start date of the hunt for which the tag is valid, the type of tag, and whether the tag is for a high demand hunt. The Commission proposes to re-issue a surrendered tag using any one or more of the following methods (in no particular order): 1) Offer the surrendered tag, beginning with the highest membership level in the Departments membership program, to a person who would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process. The person must possess or purchase a valid license in order to be eligible to purchase the surrendered tag. If the person is not interested in purchasing the surrendered tag or is not eligible because the person has already met the annual or lifetime bag limit for that genus, the tag would be offered to the next person within that membership level in the Departments membership program who would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process, and so on. 2) Offer the surrendered tag to a person who has a valid and active membership in any tier of the Departments membership program which contained a tag surrender option and would have been next to receive a tag for that hunt number, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process. The same limitations and requirements that apply to method #1 will apply to this method. 3) Offer the surrendered tag to an eligible person who would have been next to receive a tag, as evidenced by the random numbers assigned during the Department's computer draw process. The same limitations and requirements that apply to method 1 will apply to this method. 4) Offering the surrendered tag through the first-come, first-served process. For group applications where one or more members of the group is qualified under the particular method for re-issuing the surrendered tag, the Commission proposes to offer the surrendered tag first to the applicant designated "A," if eligible to receive the surrendered tag. If applicant "A" chooses not to purchase the surrendered tag or is not eligible, the Department will offer the surrendered tag to the applicant designated "B" if qualified to receive a surrendered tag. This process shall continue with applicants "C" and then "D" until the surrendered tag is either purchased or all qualified members of the group application choose not to purchase the surrendered tag. The proposed rule specifies that a person purchasing the surrendered tag shall expend all bonus points accrued for that genus, except for any accrued Hunter Education and loyalty bonus points. The proposed rule also allows for an exemption if the effective date of the rule occurs after January 2016 since tag surrender is tied to deadline day for each computer draw and the computer draw deadline may occur before the effective date of this rule. The Commission is concerned that a person who is successful in the computer draw may have the desire, but not the ability to surrender a hunt permit-tag for a hunt occurring later in the same year. In addition, the proposed rule specifies that a person is not eligible to petition the Commission under R12-4-611 for reinstatement of any forfeited bonus points, except as authorized under R12-4-107(M).

Any information on this "membership program" and the various levels it suggests?

• Like 1