Edge

Damned coons

Living out at the end of 163rd Ave in the Hieroglyphics, I've seen most all our Sonoran Desert critters. But tonight driving home I had a first out here. At 163rd and Jomax a raccoon ambled cross the road.

Since racoon's are not 'indigenous' to AZ, but seem to be just about everywhere, I was wondering where all y'all have seen them in this the Grand Canyon State.

So I'll start; seen them at Colossal Cave, Gila River near Buckeye, here and in central Phoenix.

Where have you seen them?

Well, we've already covered a third of the state. At what point are they considered indigenous?

Crap, I best double up my efforts to secure the ducks and chickens.

1st ones I've ever seen in AZ was at Pleasant at the old boat launch (1986). I was walking by garbage cans and they popped out and scared the crap out of me! Also, saw one hit in the road on 59th Ave by Arrowhead Lakes.

I thought You were talking about the O'bammas when You said Danmed coons....................BOB

• Like 5

I have seen them in the white mtns and I saw one a couple weeks ago near Wickenburg.

Seen them in Bowie, near the hot springs. Recently saw a dead one on Palo Verde Rd/36th in Tucson, seen them at Agua Caliente Park.

• Like 1

163rd and Jomax is right down the street from me. Haven't seen any coons out here yet but just moved here a month ago. Ive seen em at Pleasant, Chiricahua's outside Portal, and a dead one in the middle of the road at 40th St and Thunderbird.