seek100plus

The new boarder wall

Trump proposes a 20% tariff on Mexican good imported to the US to pay for the wall.

How is that making Mexico pay???

In his proposal WE ARE GOING TO PAY for the wall.

If they want to continue selling at the same level, they will have to drop their prices to keep the price at what the market will bare. OtherwIse, that 20% mark up will create an opportunity for u.s. suppliers to actually be cheaper than mexico, there by shifting sales to the right side of the border, which would create jobs and increase income and corporate tax revenues. Also, an increase in output always equals a drop in individual piece prices. I California avocado farmer will sell 10000 crates cheaper per crate than 100, and still hold a higher margin for doing it. And if he doesnt, somebody else will drop their price to get that 10000 crate order. an increase in demand always encourages competition in the market.

Trade barriers have worked for other countries there's no reason to think they won't also work for us.

Trump proposes a 20% tariff on Mexican good imported to the US to pay for the wall.

How is that making Mexico pay???

In his proposal WE ARE GOING TO PAY for the wall.

If they want to continue selling at the same level, they will have to drop their prices to keep the price at what the market will bare. OtherwIse, that 20% mark up will create an opportunity for u.s. suppliers to actually be cheaper than mexico, there by shifting sales to the right side of the border, which would create jobs and increase income and corporate tax revenues. Also, an increase in output always equals a drop in individual piece prices. I California avocado farmer will sell 10000 crates cheaper per crate than 100, and still hold a higher margin for doing it. And if he doesnt, somebody else will drop their price to get that 10000 crate order. an increase in demand always encourages competition in the market.

Trade barriers have worked for other countries there's no reason to think they won't also work for us.

And one thing to keep in mind.....there ain't no such thing as a free meal........I really like his aggressive approach so far, putting pressure on no more catch and release.......good steps in the right direction..

Hey snowflakes, RINOs and looney lefties, only 7.999 years until you can stop crying and elect another Obama, McCain, Hillary or some other govt loving, globalist, sack of dung.

So disagreeing with one of the presidents polices makes us a leftie.. Got it :rolleyes:

I didnt say anything about you. I dont agree with everything any elected official supports either.

Hey snowflakes, RINOs and looney lefties, only 7.999 years until you can stop crying and elect another Obama, McCain, Hillary or some other govt loving, globalist, sack of dung.

So disagreeing with one of the presidents polices makes us a leftie.. Got it :rolleyes:

No but that line does!

post-3138-0-17332500-1485531919.png

• Like 1

Hoghntr,

Do you not recall saying, and I quote " don't worry about that $10, I've made plenty of money on other people from this site"?

That was after at least two if not three attempts to get your address to send you the money.

Every politician has "issues and problems" Trump had a ton BUT I like the fact that he is new to politics. He sees issues with a different eye. New blood so to speak.

Cudos for stopping the $220+ millions of dollars to help someone on the other side of the world when we have plenty here. Our tax dollars should be used right here at home.

Every politician has "issues and problems" Trump had a ton BUT I like the fact that he is new to politics. He sees issues with a different eye. New blood so to speak.

Cudos for stopping the $220+ millions of dollars to help someone on the other side of the world when we have plenty here. Our tax dollars should be used right here at home.

Did he actually get the funds stopped? I heard some guys at work discussing it yesterday and they said the funds had already cleared by the time he was sworn into office. I have not researched it though.

I've seen stats of cost to build the wall is 10 billion, and illegals cost 113 billion per year. Pretty easy decision to me.

The most expensive and unrealistic part of building the wall, that nobody ever seems to consider, is the amount of private land that will have to be condemned and purchased in order to build it. There are a lot of private ranches with land along the border. That's a LOT of money.

Just starting the thread so may see an answer on all the pages to come... but if not ... here it is ... The land for the wall was purchased and/or taken by eminent domain starting in 2005 under the Secure Border Initiative. Remember Talk of securing the border for decades and many billions of dollars have been spent to basically put up worthless steel fences in certain areas while having nothing but a falling down barb for more than half of the border... Land will not be an issue ...

p.s. Weeks after Trump won the election, one of the largest cement companies ( Mexican Company ) had already showed interest in providing all the cement needs for the project.

p.s. Just caught up and Man this thread derailed hard for a god portion.