seek100plus

Hunting with your other half

My wife is my hunting partner except when its cold , she's got a 30" mule a bison, pig and much more, never gets buck fever and is the best glasser I no, she loves her Zeiss and here 270cdl. Steady as heck , deadly to 500yrds and she love's ,me sorry for bragging, NOT!!

• Like 1

Ive only met a few people in my life that their wives keep bothering them for more FUN BEDROOM TIME then what their husband can handle!!!! While the rest of us guys are wanting to slap that guy for telling the wife NO! What Really!

I think you have a good problem to have. A problem non the less but a good one. You could have a girlfriend who hates what you do!! Sounds like you have a awesome keeper there.

My wife and daughter have WAY better hunting equipment than I do.

I do not mind one bit. I would much rather have it that way than have awesome equipment but hunt alone.

Marry her forthwith. If she likes hunting with you and doesn't complain or slow you down, who cares about anything else? Buy her the best hunting stuff. But to prove you're not a misogynists who thinks she needs the handicap high end gear to hunt at your level, buy yourself high end gear too. It's a win-win.

So , after so many years , I finally scored to find a girlfriend to hunt with me . I have had hunting buddies come and go . Now my hunting buddy is my girlfriend , she doesn't make excuses to not scout or share the expense of hunting trips . She cooks and cleans her mess up and usually gets me a beer in camp when I'm to tired to get out of my chair around fire . With that said , other issues come up . Now she wants Swarovski binoculars , best hunting camo , best hunting boots , better tripod , best backpack to hold all items for trophy pictures . Really ! I have begged and put on my best power talk why I need to upgrade my stuff after 5 years . But honey !!! You can use my old Vortex binos , backpack and tripod . That conversation lasted 2 minutes .

So now on to hunting together , she will glass from sun up to sun set . She will look over at me , taking a nap and say you can't see animals with your eyes closed . She will set the alarm clock for her hour before to get up and put makeup on , fix her hair in baseball cap , pick out her camo for the day , turn on every light in the tent . My alarm clock finally goes off and I love my snooze button and I hear Cmon baby we have to go !!!! I can go on and on about hunting with my better half .

I have learned through the years , how to make hunting together work .

We put in for separate tags now , she picks her unit and what she wants to hunt . If she gets drawn , I give her 100% and the same for me if I get drawn . She got drawn bull elk this year , so game on this year . Separate tags , has really made hunting together as a couple now a great time and have fun doing it together .

I would like to learn , how others have made hunting together work .

Marry her!

I took my wife along quail hunting once when we first met because she wanted to watch and see what it was like. Not always the most graceful thing, she tripped over a rock and began to fall forward. Her solution to the impending impact with the ground? Tackle the guy in front of you who is carrying a loaded 12 gauge and use him as padding. I leave her at home now for my own safety.

My wife hunted with me all the time when we dated, and after we got married. Once we began th have kids she hunted less and less, but always made sure I had plenty time in the field. As the kids began to leave the nest she hunted more. Now she hunts, but not as much as I do. She prefers the nicer weather, but will bust butt when she has a good tag.post-2989-0-45713400-1496984580_thumb.jpg

If you have a good one, keep her happy and keep her around!

• Like 5

My wife finds coues deer that most guys never see. She will sit in a blind in the August desert with a bow. The cold hunts are not her favorite, but she wants to cash her points in on a Dec WT tag this year. I bought her a pair of 15's for our 15 year anniversary (at her request). Only problem is now i have to carry two pairs of 15's to the glassing spot :)

Sounds like you don't have any problem at all.

My wife loves to hunt but mostly when it's her tag. She never complains in the weather, is sure footed as a mule, and usually finds deer faster than me. She drew a bull tag this year so the better hunting gear is coming. 15hd swaros, carbon fiber tripod, better boots, more camo, to name a few.

I've had her on backpack hunts for 3 and 4 days sleeping under juniper trees. The best memory so far is when we packed in for the hunt and double downed on 2 coues bucks.

post-5062-0-72021000-1497139517_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like most of you guys are lucky to have a wife that hunts. Me on the other hand has hunted for the past 20+ years with my wife at home. It just seems to work the best that way with us.

I just got married last year and negotiated a totally different arrangement. She is Chinese and actually still lives there until she retires in December. There really is no hunting in China. They have no concept of it. But my wife accepted my hobby. She wanted to retain her condo there and live there 3 months/year. So I asked how Sept/Oct/Nov works for her and she loved those months as the climate is best there then. So I'll have a 3 month hunting hall pass every year. I prefer this as Im pretty serious about my hunting time, and I have 336 total points in many states so I never know when I'll draw what. I would not want to wait 24 years for a tag then be influenced by my wife in some way during the hunt. During that three month period, when I don't have a tag I will go to China to visit there. I enjoy it there very much.

She does not want to big game hunt with me, but will try turkey when she arrives. In Sichuan they don't have chickens at grocery stores. You buy live ones at the street market, and keep them tied up on your patio until you are ready to cook. So this is why she is curious and wants to go with me. She wants to cook the turkey fresh immediately, no freezing. That is what she is familiar with.

We have been together for four years and are both VERY happy. Certainly unconventional but works for us!

post-8361-0-20881700-1497170547_thumb.jpg

• Like 2