Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Thinking of moving

I travel for work in spurts. Last year I was out 8x. Tucson in a small airport that requires a bunch of connections to go anywhere aside from LAX, SD, PHX or Ft. Worth. Long layovers and delayed flights are your friend. If there is a flight out to N.Y. or whatever and they need a flight crew they seem to take the ones taking you home so you wait. It drives me crazy.

My brother travels a lot for his work but he is in Phx aera. He flys direct anywhere.

For me it would be something close to a MAJOR airport.

I have had my eye on Rigby, ID for the last 2.5 years, but I have been a commercial/industrial electrician for the last 13 years and there's a ton of work here in the valley. I have not been able to work out the logistics of how I could make it happen. I would love to live somewhere more spread out, less traffic, a nice little chunk of land, and not so crowded. Also, tons of great outdoor opportunities up there.

Idaho, especially Eastern ID is terrible for tradesmen. Like it or not, unions make things a lot better for everyone. ID is one of the lowest wage earning states in the union.

• Like 1

A buddy of mine lives in Heber. He is on permanent disability (two broken backs, spot on his brain, bad liver and the list goes on). His mother and father passed away and left him with a beautiful home up on the hill & across the road from the Buffalo ranch. He has had it for sale for 4.5 years. 5800 sq ft appraises for over a million and he has lowered price to 600K. The only people who can afford it are older people but they don't want anything that big. The people with kids who would like it can't come close to affording it because no good paying jobs up there.

When his father-in-law was alive he said older people want to move out of the city and get out of hustle & bustle. They find out that it is not all that is cracked up to be because they are always going into the city for medical purposes and conveniences only cities have. They tried for 3 years to sell the house before they passed.

Anyone thinking of moving to a small town that has children need to realize the majority of them will move away when they are older. Very few good paying jobs in small towns and most young people want to be around city life. Just one more thing to think about if you want to be near children/grand children when they get older.

• Like 1

Back in the day, buying Montana ranches was "the cool" thing to do for celebrities. Add in the Californians that decided to move there, and real estate prices escalated quickly.

Boze-Angeles, has a median home price of around $300k. Well above the national average, yet wages are below national average.

If I could work from wherever or was retired or independently wealthy I would be moving to Heber, AZ tomorrow! We love it up there. Still have 4 acres I could build on or whatever.

Back in the day, buying Montana ranches was "the cool" thing to do for celebrities. Add in the Californians that decided to move there, and real estate prices escalated quickly.

Boze-Angeles, has a median home price of around $300k. Well above the national average, yet wages are below national average.

Boze-Angeles BWWAA hhhaaaaa is that like Ari-Fornia

• Like 1

Several years ago, the thought of moving crossed the mind. For hunting, trout fishing, kayaking and bike riding, Durango and Montrose CO were prime considerations for a smaller town. Since you may need a major airport, maybe a suburb of Denver?

Boze-Angeles BWWAA hhhaaaaa is that like Ari-Fornia

Pretty much. The Libtards moved in and ruined it. Ask some of the native Montanan's how they feel about the California transplants.

• Like 1

I did a church mission and I was in Montana for 2 years! All over the western side of Montana!! You will love it. Great fishing and hunting! People there don't need to work as hard to get a deer like they do here in AZ! More opportunities, more options, more hunting. Don't get me wrong it can be tough hunting if you want it too. But every 15 year old kid in that state has shot a deer! But if you like the outdoors and thats it Montana would be a great spot. Home prices are the same as here though. Alot of Cali's go up there and are turning the towns into like flagstaff with a lot of tree huggers in the bigger cities like Bozeman and Missula. But if you like to travel and visit other places AZ is a wonderful spot!. Your 6 hours away from the beach, Disneyland, Vegas, a few hours away from Mexico, 5-7 hours away from New Mexico, and a half day from Utah and Colorado.

I have had my eye on Rigby, ID for the last 2.5 years, but I have been a commercial/industrial electrician for the last 13 years and there's a ton of work here in the valley. I have not been able to work out the logistics of how I could make it happen. I would love to live somewhere more spread out, less traffic, a nice little chunk of land, and not so crowded. Also, tons of great outdoor opportunities up there.

Idaho, especially Eastern ID is terrible for tradesmen. Like it or not, unions make things a lot better for everyone. ID is one of the lowest wage earning states in the union.

That's basically what keeps me from going there. I have been an IBEW member since I was a 1st year apprentice in 2005. There is more work here in the valley than anyone knows what to do with.

That's basically what keeps me from going there. I have been an IBEW member since I was a 1st year apprentice in 2005. There is more work here in the valley than anyone knows what to do with.

Californians have ruined alot of places!! They leave the cesspool of a state & move to nice place than turn it into the cesspool they left.

I live in California & hate every minute of it here. There are some beautiful areas, but the politics & nut jobs make it a crap hole!!!

There is no perfect place you just have to get somewhere that makes you happy & enjoy what you can. I am waiting for my daughter

graduate high school this year & we are leaving California for good!! I am from Arizona (Lake Havasu) we are looking to move to Prescott or

Flagstaff area. Also looking into The Boise area. Work is always a factor as i am a General Contractor. Construction just about anywhere

pays crappy unless you own the business & than your always chasing work, money & getting screwed on your taxes!!

My cousin retired from the IBEW out of Denver. Have a family member living in Larkspur, short drive to Castle Rock for shopping and resturants. 1/2 way between Denver and Colorado Springs. Bears, deer, turkey and elk walk through their yard on a regular basis.

• Like 1