Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

What binos?

I have 10x42's around my neck. One time I had glassed the hills for quite a while and nothing. Got my 15x56's out of my pack and put on tripod. Found pigs on the hill I'd been glassing after a few minutes. Noted where they were, then looked through my 10's, couldn't see them. Definitely worth using big glass.

Then I hiked up there and shot one with my bow.

• Like 5

I use 10x50 swaros around my neck and tripod. Going to start using a spotting scope for closer look. My eyes don't like my 15's.

Last time I went out I didnt even get my tripod out. Just walked up to where they were and shot it.

Then it crawled in a cave and died and I never saw it again.

• Like 1

I leave the big 20x80's home and just use 8.5x42's. They seem pretty easy to find with the naked eye and I have only spotted them up twice. I like to travel light.

I use my little pocket Bino’s they are old Zeiss I believe like 8x25 they fit in my cargo pockets of my pants for walking in. Then pull the 15x56’s on a tripod of course for the good stuff . I try to avoid access weight, oh and have your hunting partner carry the spotting scope .. always works for me ...

I carry 8x42s on my chest, and 15x50s in the pack.

I am not a successful pig hunter yet though so my advice shouldn't carry much weight.