Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Lets talk boots

Hanwags is a name I hardly see thrown around. I've just mine in 90* weather and down to 10* elk hunting and have been nothing but happy.

• Like 1

Kenetrek! I just got a new pair of Lowa to try. We'll see. But Kenetrek are amazing. Sierra trading post had some half off

I got some Crispi Wyoming boots this year and I'm very happy with them so far. All the support of my Mendl perfekt hunters but more breathable and little to no break-in.

• Like 1

When it comes to footwear don't get hung up on names. What works for one person might not work for the next. Feet come in many shapes and sizes of course. Try a bunch on and find something that feels really good for YOUR feet! I prefer un-lined, un-insulated, full-grain leather, one piece upper that is stitched on not glued on. Hard to find all that in one pair. I usually compromise there somewhere. With some good mink oil or other leather conditioner on a quality leather you won't need any waterproof liner which makes your feet hotter than anything else. Certainly don't need insulated boots very often in Arizona, especially with a good pair of dry, wool socks. Stiffness will depend on what you normally carry. I prefer a trekking boot which can handle carrying some weight but normally a lot lighter than your typical mountaineering boot and a bit heavier than your normal trail hiker that might not give you the support you might want if you are backpacking in or carrying meat out.

• Like 1

I like zamberlan you can try them on at REI. They are the most comfortable shoes I own. When most guys are tearing off their boots at the end of the day I still like the way mine feel.

Best tjing Ive foind is a guy named Clay at High Angle Hunter in flagstaff. His knowledge on boots is immense and impressive. He even traveled down here to the valley and brought me 10 different styles of boots to try in and sample and explained the differences in great detail so I could truly appreciate and understand and get what was best for me. Even if its not something he carries he was more than willing to help and inform. Tell him Junior sent you and he'll take great care of you

• Like 1

I really like my Solomon Quest 4D 3 GTX. I have worn them from 115* on a tower to 80* on early elk hunts, to 0* on late elk hunts. I wear wool socks as well. Only time my feet get cold are sitting in single digits glassing for more than an hour or two.

I also have a pair of Danner Gila. Not quite as comfortable out of the box, but once they broke in, they are great.

When it gets ridiculously cold, or if I am glassing or sitting when it is cold, I love my Irish Setter Elk Trackers. Like putting on a pair of waterproof, warm, calf high bedroom slippers.

I also have a pair of Danner Gila. Not quite as comfortable out of the box, but once they broke in, they are great.

+1 on the Danner Gila

Check out My sisters closet in Scottsdale for a pair of Louis Vuitton hunting boots , if you buy a pair of boots this time , make sure there 100 % water proof this time and you can walk 100 yards away from your Razor . Just saying !

Lowas and Crispi will get you 1500 miles easily... cheap made danners will get you a few hundred miles

Check out My sisters closet in Scottsdale for a pair of Louis Vuitton hunting boots , if you buy a pair of boots this time , make sure there 100 % water proof this time and you can walk 100 yards away from your Razor . Just saying !

Hahaha. Such a f@g!!!!

Good one