Sign in to follow this  
5guyshunting

Bump stock banned

This clown that works for Sitka gear made a anti 2A instagram post asking for everybody to send letters to their politicians demanding universal background checks. 

The guys at T.s.d called them out on it! 

06103FA7-B30C-4A3D-88EB-75EF494788D4.png

I herd people are going to be required to turn them in.  I didn't believe it until I read it on the AFT site.  CRAZY!!!!

What To Do

Current possessors of bump-stock-type devices must divest themselves of possession as of the effective date of the final rule.

One option is to destroy the device, and the final rule identifies possible methods of destruction, to include completely melting, shredding, or crushing the device. Any method of destruction must render the device incapable of being readily restored to function.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks

1 hour ago, Big Browns said:

I herd people are going to be required to turn them in.  I didn't believe it until I read it on the AFT site.  CRAZY!!!!

What To Do

Current possessors of bump-stock-type devices must divest themselves of possession as of the effective date of the final rule.

One option is to destroy the device, and the final rule identifies possible methods of destruction, to include completely melting, shredding, or crushing the device. Any method of destruction must render the device incapable of being readily restored to function.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks

Is this really "the finale rule" on a piece of plastic purchased legally and taxed. They should be grandfathered as other things have been. I'm not into them, but this is bull$hit.

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials
2 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

Is this really "the finale rule" on a piece of plastic purchased legally and taxed. They should be grandfathered as other things have been. I'm not into them, but this is bull$hit.

Just wait a few more years if you wanna see bullshoot. Just about everyone on this forum will be in violation of federal law when they get a democrat in the White House and hold both houses of Congress. This was passed under a Republican administration. There is a tidal wave hitting this country right now and the wave hasn't even started to crest. 

1 hour ago, akaspecials said:

Just wait a few more years if you wanna see bullshoot. Just about everyone on this forum will be in violation of federal law when they get a democrat in the White House and hold both houses of Congress. This was passed under a Republican administration. There is a tidal wave hitting this country right now and the wave hasn't even started to crest. 

It's just one big Ping Pong Game.

At least Clinton’s ban let us keep what we had. This is scary. What will be destroyed next? The anti bump stock guys don’t care now but when the government says destroy your.....?? Will people finally start paying attention?

Don’t worry I,m sure we are all on their list just by being on a web site that talks about firearms. 

Holy Crap - Bump fire stocks??? They are so useful, so accurate. I don't know what my AR or AK would be like without them. 

Chill guys, it's political pandering. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I dont need or want a bump stock but if this ban makes the leftists feel safe then good.  Now they can be happy that they did something to save the world.  Will they crawl back in their misguided ideology hole and be quiet?  Maybe for a while.  You bump stock owners have one more New Years eve to burn some ammo faster.  How about a big bon fire out in the desert.  Get the media there and burn some stocks to show the lefty weenies that they are safe now.   ROTFLOL 😤  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just a question, if a bump stock effectively makes your weapon fully auto, why shouldn’t it be regulated the same as any other Class 3 firearm?

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Just a question, if a bump stock effectively makes your weapon fully auto, why shouldn’t it be regulated the same as any other Class 3 firearm?

Cause you can’t explain that in a 1.5min news story 

16 hours ago, bonecollector said:

This clown that works for Sitka gear made a anti 2A instagram post asking for everybody to send letters to their politicians demanding universal background checks. 

The guys at T.s.d called them out on it! 

06103FA7-B30C-4A3D-88EB-75EF494788D4.png

Not to derail this post but they need to enforce the laws already on the books. Approximately 88,000 people are rejected under our current back round check system every year, and last I checked they weren't even prosecuting .01 percent, its a felony to try and by a gun as a prohibited person. The reason they want a universal back round check system is so they can make a registry of firearm owners. If you read the last bill beyond the first paragraph it was just that which is why it was vetoed.  

Let the guy post up his views.  Everyone sees these issues from different perspectives.  If you think that every individual that works for some of your favorite companies all have the same views, you are under a rock.  If Sitka comes out with a company stance on the same level, then get the lynch/boycott mob ready. Social media has made individuals statements so much more powerful because of all the Clowns that re-post or share the nonsense.  As for the topic at hand,  a company figured out a way to skirt a federal law and essentially give a gun the ability to fire at almost an automatic rate.  They are gone now and their product has been made illegal.  The part about destroying the stocks is what really bothers me.  I would expect the GOV'T to reimburse me my cost for an item they are making me destroy.  If not, I might hurt myself destroying it and get my money on the backside.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 452b264 said:

Not to derail this post but they need to enforce the laws already on the books. Approximately 88,000 people are rejected under our current back round check system every year, and last I checked they weren't even prosecuting .01 percent, its a felony to try and by a gun as a prohibited person. The reason they want a universal back round check system is so they can make a registry of firearm owners. If you read the last bill beyond the first paragraph it was just that which is why it was vetoed.  

This is so true about many of the laws we have in this country right now....just enforce what we have in place and things would be fine!!!! Borders included!!!

• Like 2