Sign in to follow this  
J&Jsons

Boycott of Aspen Lodge in Alpine, AZ

The Aspen Lodge in Alpine AZ has been purchased by a California couple about 2 years ago. They have become the epicenter of support for leaving the feral horses that have invaded the Apache forest alone. We, as hunters recognize the destruction that the horses have caused all across the state, but this business has refused to acknowledge the damage the horses have created and have welcomed the Salt River Wild Horse Management group to their facility.  They are actively supporting leaving the horses alone and letting them continue to breed and multiply. There are other businesses where we as sportsmen can spend our dollars. It is my hope that word of their ignorant support of feral horses becomes a business detriment to them. If you are planning summer trips, a lodge to spend your evenings in during hunts.......Locate another business. This has been verified and documented by a number of people so I am not stretching the truth in any way. Please spread the word!

AZSGWC - AZSFWC Humane Removal of Unauthorized Livestock on Apache National Forest Booklet (EMAIL).pdf

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Those crazy Californians say they have to get out of California because of what it’s become then move to another state only to do the same stupid %@#$ they were doing in CA. Why not just stay in California where no one cares what you do ?  Worst thing I see in the mountain town I live in is a vehicle driving through with California tags……please just be passing through, we don’t care how it’s done in California ! 

• Like 7

I was turkey hunting up in the White Mountains last weekend and say plenty of horses driving back near Heber.

• Wow! 1

Thank you for starting this tread. As the wildlife manager/ Field Supervisor in Unit 3C for 26 yrs. I saw the end of the horse capturing that the Heber Ranger (Black Mesa) Dist was doing, and the results. It saddens, and angers me to see what these horses have done to the habitat in not only that unit, but also Unit 1. Specifically, the Kettel Holes area. that area has been decimated and all those meadows have been converted from grass land community to noxious weeds. 

Any business in the white mountains that supports the horses should defiantly be boycotted, especially by hunters, or anyone interested in sound forest management. There is no place on public land for even one feral horse. Besides the habitat issues, thats a lot of high-quality protein on the hoof, that could feed a lot of people!

• Like 25

My folks claim my first camp out was at Diamondrock when I was 4 months old and that would have been August of 60!

My dad built a summer home in Alpine late 70's!

Any time I have a spare minute I spend it somewhere in unit1/27

During the COVID lockdowns Alpine was mysteriously like gestapo mask, the cabin had visitors so I was desperate for a room. We stopped at the Aspen Lodge to try and get a room for the night! Got treated like dirtbag because I didn't have a mask on and they wanted bank for the room one night........we just said forget it and drove back to Snowflake.

The development where my dad's place is has had many changes in ownership with properties and we have felt the long hand of Kalifornication within that development! It's like Joe said.....just stay in Kalifornication if you are just gonna bring it here to Az.........but I fear we are too late!!!!

• Like 6

So is there any known disease that would infect non vaccinated feral horses that doesn't affect wild life? Just saying

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, BeardownAZ said:

So is there any known disease that would infect non vaccinated feral horses that doesn't affect wild life? Just saying

Lead poisoning is selective in a prescribed scenario.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Reading the publication, I ask myself, why isn't the WMAT held accountable for failure to keep the horses on tribal land?

Just push the horses back to the rez and "close the gate"!

I also find it interesting the Center for Biological Diversity is partnered with hunting/conservation groups. I don't like them at all, they are very anti-hunting.

Also, thanks for the post about Aspen Lodge.

Jeff

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Couesnut said:

The Lib Cali Cancer will continue to grow. NIP It In The BUD

and they will continue to leave california, last year was the first time in history that people moved out of los angels and not moving there.

they should move to NY.

• Like 4

Californian has applied for a permit to build a 111 space RV park in the meadow at Alpine.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, photofool said:

Californian has applied for a permit to build a 111 space RV park in the meadow at Alpine.

Judd ranch was up for sale 4+million.........had to know that anybody that could afford that price was gonna wreck it!!!