muley224

AZGFD offering 12 Limited tags.

The only thing to the positive I would say is the amount of money generated per animal harvested is a great ROI.  If this is an approach to reduce tags in general hunts or reduce the number of hunts or minimize increases of both price and tags, then this might be good trade off.   Now how G&F spends money and where the tags go etc - I'm not sure we have that insight.  I would like to see the money go to enforcement, biology/quota surveys and like I said chance for tag reduction.  Actually I hope the whole bundle goes to outlawing Air Bows, Braces and creating more stringent requirement around xbow permits and muzzle loader restrictions... but that's just me.  

• Like 2

Look at it this way, no matter how many apply for the 12 tags, your odds of winning are infinitely better than the Mega Millions drawing a few days ago.

That's the only reason I'll probably try for an elk or muley tag.

Eddie

2 hours ago, jdown said:

Now how G&F spends money and where the tags go etc - I'm not sure we have that insight. Well I know it doesnt go towards refilling water cachments or field days for youth. But it does go to fund the wolf reintroduction effort.

• Sad 1

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  It inevitably opens the door for more of this sort of thing. Kind of comes off sleazy, but at the same time most of that vibe boils down to where the money is actually going - we don't know. Why should a non wildlife management elk tag pay for a redundant job in Phoenix?  

I wish each tag had a description section for where that money was going.  I sure would feel better about buying a central Arizona mule deer tag lottery ticket if I knew all of the money from that tag went to combating the decline of mule deer specifically.

AZGFD does a bad job at managing their money more often than not and I hate the idea of giving them more open use money with no accountability. They'll go back to that well often.

3 hours ago, jdown said:

The only thing to the positive I would say is the amount of money generated per animal harvested is a great ROI.  If this is an approach to reduce tags in general hunts or reduce the number of hunts or minimize increases of both price and tags, then this might be good trade off.   Now how G&F spends money and where the tags go etc - I'm not sure we have that insight.  I would like to see the money go to enforcement, biology/quota surveys and like I said chance for tag reduction.  Actually I hope the whole bundle goes to outlawing Air Bows, Braces and creating more stringent requirement around xbow permits and muzzle loader restrictions... but that's just me.  

Braces?

All you that are complaining better not totally turn hypocritical and apply for these tags. 

I know I will be applying for 10 of them.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, OpticNerd said:

Braces?

oh those things that turn rifles into handguns.. whatever they are called.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One more slim opportunity to draw a tag and at least for now is delaying tag fee increases across the board. I’ll be buying a few. 

• Like 3

one more chance to get rejected...... I must be a  glutton for punishment.

• Like 3