Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Come on draw

From the AZG&F Facebook page: "Everyone is wondering when draw results will be out! Expect to see draw results around the second week of August."

That is pretty sad if they were to get results out that late only 1 week from the start of archery season.

That picture reminds me that that is a painting.

Yup last year they hit cards the 11th and 12th for the most part then results were posted the 18th I believe. I put in but most likley bought a bonus point and left over. Good luck to all unless your name is xforcebaby!

• Like 3

I think they were just stating the latest draw results. That's when tags are to be mailed out per the regs. I hope they hit a few days after the ninth. I'm itching

From the AZG&F Facebook page: "Everyone is wondering when draw results will be out! Expect to see draw results around the second week of August."

That doesn't sound right. My hunt I put in for starts aug. 22nd sounds pretty retarded to get everything in order for a hunt you don't even know you'll get. One week isn't enough time. Good ol g&f i guess

We will know by the last week in July. :)

TJ

In an effort to help avoid any more confusion or any unnecessary G & F bashing....This is straight from page 22 of the reg's...Deadline for updating your credit card info is 11:59 PM ( mst ) Sunday July 6th. Applications for left over tag's will be accepted by mail after 8 am on July 28th. So a little common sense would tell you that if left over tag's will be available on July 28th that would mean the draw has to be completed and posted before then....Now if anybody has paid any attention to the draws over the last several yrs you know that the results are generally posted within a week of the credit cards being hit...Generally by the middle of July...So if and when july 28th comes and goes and the results aren't posted or the left over tag's aren't available then bash away !!

• Like 1

I drew the strip archery in 2011 and didn't get my tag till August 3 rd in the mail. The season opened on August 18th that year so I didn't have my tag till 2 weeks before the hunt. I wanted to leave town on August 1 for a 45 day roll but had to wait for the tag. These late dates of finding out and getting your tag presents a tough deal for archery strip guys. They tell the results way to close To the hunt to have a chance to scout unless your willing or able to go up right before the hunt to scout and stay there till opening day. This has to be on purpose cause there is no other reason for doing it this way. What about the people who have to give warning at work of their neede vacation time for an archery strip tag. The way it's being done now they have less than 3 weeks to give that warning. Food for thought.

• Like 3

Although I agree that two weeks greatly limits a tag holder, What is enough time ?. I have to put in for vacation time 12 months out for the first allotment and 6 months out for the 2nd go round, Should I expect the dept to have the draw done 6 months out ?...As far as waiting for the tag's in the mail, The day after the draw is done you can go into any G & F office and they can print you a tag, So you can have a tag in hand middle to late july. No matter when the draw is done somehow someway it wont be soon enough for everyone. I know of several individuals who for yrs have complained to the Dept that the draw is done to early, They want it pushed back several weeks so they can see how much rain the strip gets in late June / early July and how it effects antler growth....

• Like 2

Want trying to be negative about the g an f at all but moving the draw up just 2 weeks would alleviate any and all problems of timing whether it's scouting or getting days off of work. No big deal.

I drew the strip archery in 2011 and didn't get my tag till August 3 rd in the mail. The season opened on August 18th that year so I didn't have my tag till 2 weeks before the hunt. I wanted to leave town on August 1 for a 45 day roll but had to wait for the tag. These late dates of finding out and getting your tag presents a tough deal for archery strip guys. They tell the results way to close To the hunt to have a chance to scout unless your willing or able to go up right before the hunt to scout and stay there till opening day. This has to be on purpose cause there is no other reason for doing it this way. What about the people who have to give warning at work of their neede vacation time for an archery strip tag. The way it's being done now they have less than 3 weeks to give that warning. Food for thought.

I can see the complaint with the drawn archery deer tags. Maybe they could add the drawn archery deer tags to the elk/antelope draw but that is doubtful since the regs aren't out by then.

When the regs say "Applications for left over tag's will be accepted by mail after 8 am on July 28th" does that mean if you send it in early it will be rejected? I never understood when to drop it in the mail if you want to be first in line. I assume you can't drop it off at the office right?