Sign in to follow this  
naturegirl

Hunting with an order of protection - Questions/Thoughts needed

Guest 300ultramag.

sign your tag over to a youth. and delete this thread.

or take the high road and find a new spot.

• Like 4

Definitely a unique situation.

I have no clue what your dissolution situation is. That being said, if your ex husbands perception of the proceedings is the he got "smoked" and you got the palace, alimony, sole custody, child support, your attorney fee's etc. AND your new boyfriend ran his 27' SeaRay aground at the lake last weekend. BTW, is he living with his parents to keep up with payments? If so, I recommend you pack an AR on your upcoming hunt should you insist on using your OOP to keep the ex out his former haunts. That's a mans perspective. LOL!

Being serious now. Naturegirl, you opened this "can of worms" thread. Unwise IMO. An OOP is easily acquired, literally free for the asking. A real "kick in the gut" for the banned person. Your order may have merit, only you know that for sure. The fact that you want to utilize your OOP to keep your ex out of areas you KNOW he wants to hunt is telling. It would seem you'd want to be far away from any person you felt the need to serve an OOP on. To me, it seems you just want to inflict more pain on your ex in any manner possible. You might want to consider contacting Amanda about getting this thread removed from the site. JMHO

It's amazing to hear men's perspectives. I will NOT ask this thread to be deleted. There is no reason.

I have received some very good advice thanks to this thread here and through PMs, which I very much appreciate.

I've also read some pretty screwed up responses, but you all help my skin get thicker so I thank you too! To these people, I hope and pray your daughters never have to go through anything like this but if by chance they do, I hope their mamas are there to support them through it.

• Like 2

If my daughter had to get the order her ex would just disappear. This thread will work against you in court eventually if you do have an issue on your hunt. You absolutely knew the ex was putting in for the same unit and you put in for it anyway. You refuse to move a couple miles away to avoid conflict. If the ex has a brain he will hunt miles away from you and call it a day.

How do you know he actually drew the tag..? :ph34r: Maybe he's just screwin with you by telling you he'll be out there as well. Any proof he has the tag?

These are my thoughts and I mean no offense.

It seems to me that since you decided to have an OOP placed against him, you would be doing so because you don't want him to come around you (for whatever reason). That being said, why apply for the same hunt you know he will be applying for? I get it, you know the area and you will not let him take that away from you. Maybe you should have waited for things to cool down between you before you applied for this hunt again? That fact aside, I'd say that since you are the one that filed for the OOP, and you know he will be in a certain place, it's your responsibility to avoid that place he will be in. Hunt a different area and apply for a different tag next time.

You filed the OOP, therefore you are the one trying to avoid him, not the other way around (I would assume since he hasn't filed for an OOP against you (that we know of)). Why risk certain confrontation if you want to avoid him so badly? Makes no sense to me.

6A is a big unit. What are the odds of bumping into him unless you intentionally go to areas you know he hunts? I wouldn't worry too much about it, but that's just me.

Don't let the responses bug you too much, if you asked the best way to kill a fly on here you would be amazed at the responses you would get.

Again....best of luck on your hunt, just go have fun!!!

Non-Typical

I feel the ambush method is the best way to kill a pesky fly... Turn off all your lights so it is nice and dark ( the fly/flies will land) ... grab your camera with night vision ( if you have one ) ... hit record and then show your finger slowly squishing the unknowing Blind Fly... :ph34r:

Seriously though. I agree with most that this is an issue you need to discuss with your attorney... an OOP does not usually give the right for the protected to knowingly place themselves in the others vicinity in order to harass and chase off. I would look at it as Hunting as usual, First come First Serve. You walk up on him in one of your shared spots, it is you that has to leave , if he walks in on you, it is him... I am not so sure this is as big as an issue as this thread seems to make it seem , then again I do not feel that some of the dialogue expressed in it does you any favors either. In the end you both should be able to enjoy your own personal Hunts and try to not make it an issue... if You guys do , most likely the Elk will win! just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

NatureGirl - This may not necessarily address your question about guidance but it could be something you can talk to G&F about. And, somehow get the new law message delivered to your Ex at the same time.

New law signed and goes into effect 3-July - Protecting Hunters: Under H/B 2399, the Game and Fish Commission can revoke the hunting license of a hunter who harasses another hunter.

NatureGirl - This may not necessarily address your question about guidance but it could be something you can talk to G&F about. And, somehow get the new law message delivered to your Ex at the same time.

New law signed and goes into effect 3-July - Protecting Hunters: Under H/B 2399, the Game and Fish Commission can revoke the hunting license of a hunter who harasses another hunter.

Did I miss something??? Who harassed another hunter?

• Like 1

Every time I see one of those fly killers I want one!! It sure does look fun. Thx Brian :)

That's an interesting law in general, and I didn't know about it. I've definitely heard some stories of hunters harassing other hunters. To me it's sad there has to even be such a law, but I get it.

• Like 1

Not sure how your husband feels about you, but I would almost sell my soul to the devil, to run into my ex-wife in the middle of nowhere, with no witnesses for miles around. ;)

• Like 3