Sign in to follow this  
naturegirl

Hunting with an order of protection - Questions/Thoughts needed

An order of protection is a paper. It says that he has to stay away from you. You also cannot go his work and wave it and expect him to be arrested. If he violates your OOP then a police officer can arrest him. But, in the woods where are the police? The biggest problem is that you are going Elk hunting by yourself. Not the best practice for anybody. And now you know that somebody in the woods might hurt you and you are still going alone? The bottom line is that you are practicing risky behavior. Only you can decide whether you want to take that risk. The OOP will not protect you from getting hurt, as I said it is a piece of paper.

Not sure how your husband feels about you, but I would almost sell my soul to the devil, to run into my ex-wife in the middle of nowhere, with no witnesses for miles around. ;)

+100

Theres an old saying on this topic: behind every man who needs an anger management class stands a woman who needs a STFU class. ;)

• Like 4

I've learned a lot from this. It was good for me to hear other points of view. Thank you and I sincerely mean it.

My new plan is to tag out opening morning (location TBD) and be done with it. The other trillion hunters can have the whole darn thing at that point :) It's a meat hunt for me and I have to remember that even if it's a 2" spike that walks in front of me, but that is also TBD :)

Sometimes I type something and then I go back to delete it. Like someone else said and contrary to popular belief, I know when to STFU and have been doing it throughout the last day because I sewed my mouth shut to not respond to a couple of comments. I know my story and that's about the only person who needs to. The big picture is more clear now.

PLAN: Any bull on the ground ASAP opening morning.

This is something that has never occurred to me before because I didn't have to fill the freezer and because I love the hunt itself so much. I've been known to let animals walk on the first days of hunts. I'm learning.

Edit: I've pondered this and I don't think I have personally ever seen a 2" spike bull, but I bet I will opening morning...lol

• Like 3

Let me help please !!!!!!! I am a spike killing machine as of late.

• Like 3

Why would anyone block azlance he's honest

People don't want to hear the truth 95% of the time. There is a old but really true saying goes something like "you can't handle the truth"

• Like 1

I have not read through the entire thread, but will simply give my opinion on the first original post.

If you have an order of protection against someone, and you know they will be in a certain area, it is just as much your issue as theirs. It is public land, and your ex has just as much right to be there as you. Would you go to his work if you knew he would be around? No. If you push the chances of meeting by hunting in the same area as he is planning to hunt, I would feel YOU are not in accordance with the order of protection, by intentionally and knowingly entering into a possible contact scenario.

Find another area in 6A that is on the opposite side of your exes normal haunts. There are elk all over 6A. Do some preseason scouting and find another location. I am sure if you ask for some areas to try by PM, a lot of people can lead you in the right direction. But letting the board know where you plan to stay away from to avoid contact would help also.

You must have a superior spot already picked out. I had this unit for archery bull a few years ago and we hunted many different parts and were in the elk daily...