Old Buck

It only took 47 years!

Congrats! It's a great feeling to know the long wait is over, and I know because I had that feeling last year. Once you find out the unit you've drawn, there's a lot of planning ahead, but you'll have 4 months to get ready. The journey is a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy it like I did.

• Like 1

glad to hear you got a tag. only been 41 years for me. kinds doubt it'll ever happen tho. i think there's lotsa shennaganins involved in sheep tags. way too many folks with low points get drawn every year and way too many with lots of em that don't. again, happy for ya. shoot a big one. Lark.

• Like 3

glad to hear you got a tag. only been 41 years for me. kinds doubt it'll ever happen tho. i think there's lotsa shennaganins involved in all big game tags. way too many folks with low points get drawn every year and way too many with lots of em that don't. again, happy for ya. shoot a big one. Lark.

Fixed for accuracy

glad to hear you got a tag. only been 41 years for me. kinds doubt it'll ever happen tho. i think there's lotsa shennaganins involved in sheep tags. way too many folks with low points get drawn every year and way too many with lots of em that don't. again, happy for ya. shoot a big one. Lark.

Its the same notion that one guy buys 1000 lottery tickets every week for 6 months and doesn't win. Little old lady walks in and buys one with the dollar she just found in the parking lot and wins the $50,000,000 jackpot. No difference.....

• Like 1

When 3 of the 5 guides at arizona desert outfitters (they specialize in bighorn hunts) draw sheep tags in the same year, one of them won the super raffle sheep tag just a couple years ago. Something smells really fishy about that

• Like 2

Big congrats on the tag! I am not usually a conspiracy guy but in this instance something is not right. I once met, what I did not know at the time, a renown Arizona hunting family and the father and son both got sheep tags in the same year. I hope its an anomaly, but it seems to happen alot

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments, I am really excited! My joke is that I am looking for a 180 7/8" ram or better, as my sons sheep is listed in B+C at 180 6/8". In reality I am looking for a fun hunt and a nice looking sheep.

Congrats on the tag. I'd bet your son is probably walking on air too.

• Like 1

Lark , I agree with Your take on the Sheep draw. Known 2 couples that husband got drawn one year and the wife within 2 years of the husband or visa versa. They have Jr. hunts, They should have special pool for guys 55 and over if You been putting in 30+ years...........BOB!

Lark , I agree with Your take on the Sheep draw. Known 2 couples that husband got drawn one year and the wife within 2 years of the husband or visa versa. They have Jr. hunts, They should have special pool for guys 55 and over if You been putting in 30+ years...........BOB!

4 more posts bob, and you will be a premier member. Maybe thats the special pool. :)

@idgaf you met me and my dad? lol. but seriously I didn't know there was another father/son that got drawn for bighorn the same year other than me and my dad

Wow this was in like 1998 or so behind Santa Margarita ranch during one of the early whitetail hunts.

It's not who you know it's how you play your odds. I hear so many guys who say I put in for 22. I say how many points did you have? They say 3. I say we'll you just bought a bonus pt then

My point is if you play the odds and you do your research there are units that you can draw without alot of points.

In 2013 I drew the 1st ever 42 sheep tag with 8pts. My thought on going into that draw was nobody with max points will waste there points on an unproven unit. My gamble paid off and I drew and I killed a 170"+ ram.

• Like 3