1uglydude

Highs and Lows - Life stops for life-threatening illnesses

You and your family have been on my mind and in our prayers since you first brought me in, Jack. I've been a full-time caregiver for a cancer patient (my mom) and I know how bad it can take a toll on you. Remember to take care of yourself and for Annie to do the same thing. If you don't, you're no good to Gabi and Ezra. I learned that the hard way, but not taking care of myself. Having said that, I know how tough it is to do just that. It was hard enough watching my mom battle, but I can't imagine watching my little girl. Don't be surprised if I give you a hug the next time we cross paths. Gabi is a tough, beautiful girl and she'll win this fight!

I'm always just a phone call or text away and two hours north if you need to get out and clear your mind. I know you have a great support group down there, but you've always got a friend up north.

So sorry to hear what your little girl is going through. Best wishes for her, you and your family.

Hey dude I completely feel your pain and understand what your going through. My 6 year old boy, perfectly healthy active kid, was diagnosed September 6th with a brain tumor and had a 12 hour brain surgery on 9/11 to remove the tumor at phx children's. (I sat in the hospital with my boy while my unit 1 archery bull elk tag sat in my pack at home) His tumor is called a medulloblastoma and is malignant. We have finished the 30 days of radiation at the Mayo Clinic and now have rest time before we start his 9 cycles of chemo on 12/26. I know it's hard to watch and you'd do anything to trade shoes with your little one. But as said before take care of yourself best as you can. There were days I went 36-48 hours with little to no sleep and I was worthless. You'll have good days and bad days but always remember god is good! Your family will be in our prayers.

• Like 8

My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter, you and your family...Godspeed healing and peace during these trials...in Jesus name...amen

Stay strong! Itll work out. My family will be praying for yours

Stay strong! Itll work out. My family will be praying for yours

WOW, my families thoughts and prayers will be headed to Gabi! Tell her I will take her on an EPIC Dove hunt when she feels better! Send me a PM and I will take care of everything!

Adam

• Like 4

Hey dude I completely feel your pain and understand what your going through. My 6 year old boy, perfectly healthy active kid, was diagnosed September 6th with a brain tumor and had a 12 hour brain surgery on 9/11 to remove the tumor at phx children's. (I sat in the hospital with my boy while my unit 1 archery bull elk tag sat in my pack at home) His tumor is called a medulloblastoma and is malignant. We have finished the 30 days of radiation at the Mayo Clinic and now have rest time before we start his 9 cycles of chemo on 12/26. I know it's hard to watch and you'd do anything to trade shoes with your little one. But as said before take care of yourself best as you can. There were days I went 36-48 hours with little to no sleep and I was worthless. You'll have good days and bad days but always remember god is good! Your family will be in our prayers.

So sorry about your little guy. They have narrowed Gabi's diagnosis down to two cancers, one of which is a pancreatic blastoma, though they think it is the least likely of the two.