1uglydude

Highs and Lows - Life stops for life-threatening illnesses

Reading this makes a guy completely stop what he's doing and realize how he takes so much for granted. My third daughter will be here in March. I can't imagine going through what you guys are going through. Cancer always seems to strike the good ones. Hang in there, we'll all be rooting for her.

• Like 1

Prayers sent for you & your family , may you continue to receive & see gods miracles & tender mercies in your lives .

God bless your angel!

Keep strong for her and you.

Mind blown.

I too have children abouts same age.

Quick update. I zoned out of all internet hunting-related sites and pages for a while.

Gabi went home from the hospital just before Christmas, and we had a good holiday break together. Then, just after the new year she got really sick again. One of her surgical wounds opened up and started putting out what can only be described as ooze...a LOT of it. We rushed her back to the hospital to learn that she had a serious staph infection throughout her entire abdomen--a gift from her surgery. She spent another 10 days in the hospital fighting the infection and they performed another surgery to get at the most serious pus pockets (put a hole through the middle of her liver to insert a drain).

She's home now and insisted on going to school last week. She did wonderfully. She feels better than she has in months. She's still frail and severely underweight, but she's happy. Now it's a matter of putting weight back on her and then performing scans every few months for a few years to see if any cancer returns.

She and one of her best friends have a couple of youth javelina tags for this weekend (4 tags total). We'll be going to the 20C/17B/18B camp. She's pretty excited, but I think I'm even more excited. She's going to have to take it easy, but at least we will be able to get out and get her some sunshine.

• Like 10

Today is 1st time I have seen this post. My heart hurt more with each word I read. I cannot imagine what a parent goes thru while witnessing this happen to their child. I am thankful for her miracles! I am happy to hear some sort of NORMAL has returned and i will Keep your daughters health and your family in our Prayers. It is very amazing what can be done to save lives now days and I am very glad this was not 25 years ago as you mentioned. I Hope she has a blast enjoying that sunshine on her hunt.

Hope you guys have a great hunt together and all goes well with her