10Turkeys

One Caliber in Arizona

Another vote for 7mag!

7mm.

My choice of cartridge would have to be 7RM also. With .280AI a close second.

But no way would I ever only have 1 rifle! Heck, I take at least 3 on every hunting trip I go on! A carry weight, a heavy LR, and a backup.

For varmints or javelina: .223, 6CM (coming soon), 6.5SLR

For Coues or antelope: 6CM (coming soon), 6.5SS, 6.5SLR

For mule deer: 6.5SS, .280AI, 7RM

For elk: 7RM, .280AI, .300RUM

• Like 1

I have shot a 7RM for almost 30 years so that kinda defines me. But I would have no qualms using a 30-06 as it is on the heels of the 7RM out to PBR. Anything past that it's all about the scope so caliber choice is kinda moot given a factory barrel and factory loads.

grew up on 30-06 in SPFD and latter MOD 70 classic. many deer and elk taken with 165 and 180 Sierra GK. Won a MOD 70 Classic 300 MAG at Elk foundation dinner, after just over 100 rounds of factory ammo that was not that accurate sold it and got 30-06 in same gun. Nicer to shoot, easier to load and make accurate, affordable ammo and gives up very little to any others out to 400yrds. Now shooting 270 using Hornady superformance 140 SST for deer. Both nice to shoot and good quality ammo options at different price points and if you are not shooting into next hunting unit do the job.

• Like 1

The greatest of all time Caliber, 7mm

Ding ding ding we have a winner!!!!

7mag. If I could have only 2 the second one would be a toss up between the 6.5 CM and the 7mm08.

It's a toss up between .280 ai and a 3000 psi airbow.

7mm RM and a 6000 psi air bow (surely they won't wait too long to begin production of a new & improved version, LOL).

• Like 1

For AZ it would be the .270 Winchester. 130 gr. for deer, antelope. 150 gr. Nosler Partition for elk.

• Like 4

Thank God we don't have to chose just one! All of the choices suggested are great cartridges. I have to agree with Stanley on the 30-06 if I had to chose just one. Proven for over a hundred years. Readily available ammo and has killed pretty much every critter God has put on the earth. Sad thing is I don't even own one. I have a 308 and 300 WM. Love them both.