trphyhntr

Does everyone have their popcorn ready??

I agree, the pay should be substantial not peanuts.

Thats why I cannot do jury duty.

Hard to pass on $750 a day for $50 a day.

Make it worthwhile and people would line up to do it.

• Like 2

I agree, the pay should be substantial not peanuts.

Thats why I cannot do jury duty.

Hard to pass on $750 a day for $50 a day.

Make it worthwhile and people would line up to do it.

I agree. If they aren't paying a hundred an hour, i will find a way out.

My wife, the wife of a federal law enforcement agent was selected and served on a jury. I was very surprised by that.

$50 a day? I believe we were paid $12 and had our parking validated. While deliberating, we got pizza or subs. This was 3 months of defense testimony but only one afternoon of prosecution needed to condemn him.

If decent hard working conservatives don't take the time to serve on jury duty, I promise you the juries will be stacked with liberal activists. You know, the same ones you wonder why they're always out protesting instead of getting a job.

Let's say you're arrested for shooting an intruder in your home. Who you want on your jury?

• Like 10

$50 a day? I believe we were paid $12 and had our parking validated. While deliberating, we got pizza or subs. This was 3 months of defense testimony but only one afternoon of prosecution needed to condemn him.

If decent hard working conservatives don't take the time to serve on jury duty, I promise you the juries will be stacked with liberal activists. You know, the same ones you wonder why they're always out protesting instead of getting a job.

Let's say you're arrested for shooting an intruder in your home. Who you want on your jury?

hard working Americans make a decent wage. Jury duty pays peanuts! Most low wage Americans and food stamp, section 8 housing recipients make very to little wages. Jury duty is a vacation for them. Does anyone wanna guess what side they will be on in a murder, rape, drug, case? Or an illegal immigrant charged with any of the above??

What the h^ll do you do that you make $750 a day?

I don't know the guy but I would bet self-employed or small business owner of some sort. With that kind of work it's not just about money/day, you schedule is much more important. If you get wrapped up in a month long trial you could lose 10's of thousands of dollars in work, plus lose customers & future work.

If it was $2000/day I'd still do everything in the world I could to get out of it.

• Like 1

I don't know the guy but I would bet self-employed or small business owner of some sort. With that kind of work it's not just about money/day, you schedule is much more important. If you get wrapped up in a month long trial you could lose 10's of thousands of dollars in work, plus lose customers & future work.

If it was $2000/day I'd still do everything in the world I could to get out of it.

Winning answer right here.

Jury service is a duty that we should proudly and honorably serve as Americans. I was a juror in a homicide case where a man chopped up a woman and scattered her remains all over the Twin Cities. That turd will spend the rest of his life in prison. Dont complain about the slow justice system when you throw your summons in the trash. I hope if you are ever victimized you get good responsible citizens on your jury who dont wipe their butt with their summons. But I know itll pain some of you to spend less time on internet forums gossiping like women if you are on jury duty.

I work in the criminal justice system and have to pick juries for trial. Its frustrating when you have a jury pool of 50-75 people and after 2-3 hours of voir dire we cannot find enough jurors to seat because no one wants to serve. Then you have to do it all over again with another pool.

Your probably making pretty good money with all that extra work picking jurors, unless it's piece work.

post-252-0-84939200-1530497415.gif

• Like 7

own my own hardwood flooring installation business.

Sometimes its more sometimes its less but $750 a day is average.

This