Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

An Early Monsoon!?!

It ain't early. They called it in 2008. The official monsoon season starts june 15th. Right on time

I was on FS fire crew in 74, 75 and 76. July Fourth dry lightning, around week latter the wet monsoon rain. Summer 77 I was a ranch hand in Deming NM and same deal, after first week of July widespread rain every fourth day or so, 1/2 inch at a time, after about two weeks of that the range grass way stirrup hi. I follow a ranching friend posts, see pictures from Sonoita area and things get real green late July for a number of recents years. In all my AZ years have yet to see any real moisture before July 4th.

• Like 2

It is .its just moisture from the hurricane. The liberal metorolagist are trying to call it monsoon anmake them selfs look smart.......BOb!

It is .its just moisture from the hurricane. The liberal metorolagist are trying to call it monsoon anmake them selfs look smart.......BOb!

Lookout, Bob! I heard a conservative meteorologist trying to sound smart too! :lol: :lol:

For the record, I'm always skeptical when the monsoon hype starts getting going every summer. Especially in mid-June! ^_^

Fake monsoon or not, if the hurricane can help to kick off the weather pattern of bringing moisture up from the south, I'm all for it!

• Like 4

It ain't early. They called it in 2008. The official monsoon season starts june 15th. Right on time

I was on FS fire crew in 74, 75 and 76. July Fourth dry lightning, around week latter the wet monsoon rain. Summer 77 I was a ranch hand in Deming NM and same deal, after first week of July widespread rain every fourth day or so, 1/2 inch at a time, after about two weeks of that the range grass way stirrup hi. I follow a ranching friend posts, see pictures from Sonoita area and things get real green late July for a number of recents years. In all my AZ years have yet to see any real moisture before July 4th.
My post was sarcasm.

My post was sarcasm.

OK 5guys, I got that you were spoofing "The Official Monsoon Starts" and I agree with you.

Fake monsoon or not, if the hurricane can help to kick off the weather pattern of bringing moisture up from the south, I'm all for it!

The first ripple knocks on the door. Suddenly Phoenix's north valley has a 10% chance of rain next 45 minutes..

post-11051-0-60404400-1528913988_thumb.png

• Like 2

I got rain. Not a gully washer but I'll take it. Cloud cover is nice too.

• Like 3

I got about 7 splatters on my windshield on 91st ave and the 10 a little while ago.