AZ8

Super Bonus Point

re: AZGFD, Conserve and Protect

If you’re still following the debate on how to fund an education program, it appears a new idea has come up during the initial 30 day comment period. The second 30 day comment period has commenced and they are asking for feedback. 

Here’s another chance to comment on any ideas/concerns you may have with the Super Bonus Point idea or anything else.

https://www.azgfd.com/agency/dedicated-funding-source/

• Like 2

I applaud the AZGFD in finally looking into other ideas.  I personally love both ideas and would participate in both!

So with the super bonus point you could get 1 super bonus point per year per species and it stays until you draw that species? So if I hold out for the strip I could get 2 points each year?

We are going to see some unbelievable point creep.

We keep the the cost of super point reasonable and I'm Down.  Is it a super point each year for each species or is it one super point per year and you choose to which animal you'll apply your superpoint?

A super point is not the answer. Your going to spend more to be at the same advantage you are now. All the serious hunters for the prime units will buy it so you have an extra point you bought and now so does everyone else. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 450Dakota said:

A super point is not the answer. Your going to spend more to be at the same advantage you are now. All the serious hunters for the prime units will buy it so you have an extra point you bought and now so does everyone else. 

The purpose of the superpoint is not to give Hunters an advantage in the draw. The purpose is to make money for conservation education.

Think this is a good compromise. It’s not the solution I would have picked, it is not going to raise as much money as a raffle but it will  create a significant amount of money and it has far less opportunity for abuse or corruption.

Interesting I don’t hear a lot of the raffle guys out here stumping for this idea like they were when tags were being offered up.

• Like 13

Super point sounds like it is for one species of your choice.  $13 extra per year until you draw.  Say goodbye to a 26-27BP antelope tag guarantee.  Max Point creep will rise.  

• Like 1

This is basically going to force people to purchase these extra bonus points. If you don't buy it, you'll be one point behind the guy willing to do it. It's genius on AZGFDs part. Sucks for us, but will make them a butt load of money every year.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PowellSixO said:

This is basically going to force people to purchase these extra bonus points. If you don't buy it, you'll be one point behind the guy willing to do it. It's genius on AZGFDs part. Sucks for us, but will make them a butt load of money every year.  

Powell - Are you familiar with the purpose for trying generate some specific conservation education funding?

The funds raised by these efforts will be dedicated to educating the public on the benefits of hunting and fishing. Something we desperately need to do before HSUS or other organizations make another attempt to ban hunting.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Powell - Are you familiar with the purpose for trying generate some specific conservation education funding?

The funds raised by these efforts will be dedicated to educating the public on the benefits of hunting and fishing. Something we desperately need to do before HSUS or other organizations make another attempt to ban hunting.

Yes I'm very aware. I didn't say it was a bad thing now did I? I said, and I quote, "It's genius on AZGFDs part. Sucks for us, but will make them a butt load of money every year." 

Edit: And what I mean by "it sucks for us", is that any time the price goes up on anything, it sucks. No one wants to spend more money. Simple as that. I realize the money is for a good cause. 

2 minutes ago, PowellSixO said:

Yes I'm very aware. I didn't say it was a bad thing now did I? I said, and I quote, "It's genius on AZGFDs part. Sucks for us, but will make them a butt load of money every year." 

Easy bud, I am not coming at you, just asking what you know.

A few things worth noting.

1. This isn’t AZGFD’s idea. It was proposed by AWF which is an organization of many of the smartest wildlife experts in the state.

2. I don’t believe this sucks for us. I believe this offers a benefit to us while also raising money we desperately need to help sustain hunting and fishing.

• Like 3