AZ8

Super Bonus Point

2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Super point sounds like it is for one species of your choice.  $13 extra per year until you draw.  Say goodbye to a 26-27BP antelope tag guarantee.  Max Point creep will rise.  

It will definitely create point creep. It will Be interesting to see how it is distributed. I imagine all the sheep max point holders will throw them at that. So that won’t change the max point pool much. Antelope guys, Gould’s and strip guys will probably do the same.

Not sure how everyone will play it on other species.

Point creep is happening every year anyway!  This will definitely accelerate it, but when you consider what is at stake if we do nothing it is the smartest of all possible considerations!  I strongly support HUNTING, this will be another way we can ensure AZGFD has the funds to fight for wildlife!

• Like 1

The presentation said it would most likely take 2 years to implement. Now's the time to express our ideas/concerns as they hash out the pros/cons. 

So now it becomes $26 a year to buy 2 points or to put in without drawing and buy the super point. I do see this accelerating point creep, and to be competitive will probably have to buy it. For a good cause...I waste $13 on a lot of other stuff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bonecollector said:

I dont think it will create much of a problem with point creep, as I think everyone playing the bonus point game would purchase the super point. 

It will definitely shift things around because you can only apply it to one species per year. So if you are a max point holder for Muley, lope and sheep you now have to pick your priority and apply your super point to that species to stay with max. 

Other people like me who don’t have maxfor anything might choose to apply it to their favorite species or whichever species they are closest to drawing a good tag for.

Others might change it every year and build points for all species. 

It will definitely change some things up.

So I have a different idea related to points and a raffle. Anyone care to hear it?

• Like 1

This will definitely will raise money but I don't think I'll be buying one.  On the other hand I would like to see some Super Tags being made available to help raise even more money.  Sticking with the Super theme they could call it the Super Education Draw.  Each unit will have one year long rifle deer tag available in this special draw.  $10 nonrefundable Super Tag application fee per unit you apply for with a limit 5 choices.  So if you only put in for 1 unit it's $10 if you do all 5 it's $50.  Basically the same as the current drawing system which should make this an easy addition to the current draw system.                   

17 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

It will definitely shift things around because you can only apply it to one species per year. So if you are a max point holder for Muley, lope and sheep you now have to pick your priority and apply your super point to that species to stay with max. 

Other people like me who don’t have maxfor anything might choose to apply it to their favorite species or whichever species they are closest to drawing a good tag for.

Others might change it every year and build points for all species. 

It will definitely change some things up.

So I have a different idea related to points and a raffle. Anyone care to hear it?

Fire away...

I definitely do not want to see any additional or subtracted tags being used to raise money.  We have enough raffle tags already!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Heres another idea if government worked like its citizens did.  Cut 4% from g&f's annual spend and they would have all the money they need to tell people they are doing a good job.   Sorry blasphemous idea.  

• Like 2