AZ8

Super Bonus Point

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

It will definitely shift things around because you can only apply it to one species per year. So if you are a max point holder for Muley, lope and sheep you now have to pick your priority and apply your super point to that species to stay with max. 

Other people like me who don’t have maxfor anything might choose to apply it to their favorite species or whichever species they are closest to drawing a good tag for.

Others might change it every year and build points for all species. 

It will definitely change some things up.

So I have a different idea related to points and a raffle. Anyone care to hear it?

Oh I thought you could buy a super bonus point for each species? Why would they limit it to 1?

Instead how about a bird watchers or wildlife watchers or hikers or all of those activities stamp. Hunters already pay enough.

Dan

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, win71 said:

Instead how about a bird watchers or wildlife watchers or hikers or all of those activities stamp. Hunters already pay enough.

Dan

Good idea, watch the video.

1 hour ago, rossislider said:

Fire away...

Well since you asked... 

I propose that we hold one raffle per species per year. The raffle prize in lieu of a tag, is ten bonus points for the species to be used during that calendar year. Unlimited entries. $10 per entry. One raffle per species per year.

• Love 1

Trying to see the proposal on the g&f site freezes my computer. 

Is this a BP for one draw and per specie?

That would make sense as it realistically doubles the app fee and half goes to education, but bypasses some legalities in funding. I think many of us suggested upping the app fee and using the increase but it wasn't legal in the current system.

This should work but if it's a one time permanent point for one specie then there will be no income after the first couple years.

This must be all specie every year for that draw only to continue to generate funds.

Kent  

Seems like a conservation stamp that applied not only to hunters but to fisherman and anyone using state lands (or however the most legal way to expand coverage to hikers birders etc) would be the better option so as not to jack up the application system but also provide a sustainable revenue. And since you have to buy a hunting license to apply in the draw make it so you must have a conservation stamp as well. 

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of potential super point purchasers between resident and non-resident and possibly use that to increase revenue. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, duckhunter175 said:

Seems like a conservation stamp that applied not only to hunters but to fisherman and anyone using state lands (or however the most legal way to expand coverage to hikers birders etc) would be the better option so as not to jack up the application system but also provide a sustainable revenue. And since you have to buy a hunting license to apply in the draw make it so you must have a conservation stamp as well. 

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of potential super point purchasers between resident and non-resident and possibly use that to increase revenue. 

I 100% agree!

What is in the proposal to ensure the additional funds will be used for education.  Arizona has a long track record of creating new taxes for a ‘cause’ then through legislation or administration, diverting those funds.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Pine Donkey said:

What is in the proposal to ensure the additional funds will be used for education.  Arizona has a long track record of creating new taxes for a ‘cause’ then through legislation or administration, diverting those funds.  

Especially when it is tagged for "education".....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Browns said:

I definitely do not want to see any additional or subtracted tags being used to raise money.  We have enough raffle tags already!

+1. Yes to super point, no to super tags

16 minutes ago, 1uglydude said:

If it happens, I would like to see the point expire at the end of the calendar year.  They should not accumulate.

Be sure to place your comment in their website.

• Like 1

I watched the video but must of missed this. They said the stamp would raise a million but the super point would raise half a million, why not go with the stamp? It was 430 am when I watched so I might of missed something.