Tikka

Left Over List

12 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

Sounds like talk from Tempe Trash.  It's better to fail miserably at the U of A than to graduate from Tempe Normal .  Bear Down!

Nope, didn't go to ASU. It was a joke and just wanted to see who would take the bait. lol.

More fiber in your diet and you won't have to bear down so hard.....

1 hour ago, bigorange said:

Exactly...24b doesn’t usually have a lot of leftovers that I remember. Crazy that the 36s have none though...

I think tools like GoHunt are helping non-residents realize they can draw a tag immediately... especially since our application deadline is later than other states. When they strike out on other states, they snag an easy to draw unit like the 36's. Is there a way to see application #'s for res vs non-res?

2 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Nope, didn't go to ASU. It was a joke and just wanted to see who would take the bait. lol.

More fiber in your diet and you won't have to bear down so hard.....

I am more regular than fake news on CNN.  No fiber needed.

This thread seems to have all the answers, just a combination of the increase in population and/or good hunter recruitment and/or new "types" of hunters, better technology, and social media making early season hunts just as desirable, etc. Hunting does seem to be a fad for various reasons right now.

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

We are too welcoming to the non residents imo

Are non-residents causing leftover problems if there is a 10% NR cap?

A thought I've shared here before - before it gets taken away entirely, OTC archery should be residents only. AZ protects its draw tags for residents, why not OTC? ($ for now, I know)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CouesPursuit said:

A thought I've shared here before - before it gets taken away entirely, OTC archery should be residents only. AZ protects its draw tags for residents, why not OTC? ($ for now, I know)

You did answer your own question... but I'd prefer that. It'd be even better if a buck killed in January didn't prevent you from drawing in the fall. 

For all you guys Drooling over the single 24b tag, it’s already gone. Just looked up the otc list on G&F site.  How does that happen

• Like 1

I always get a kick out of people complaining they can’t get a hunt that they didn’t even put in for

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grey curse said:

For all you guys Drooling over the single 24b tag, it’s already gone. Just looked up the otc list on G&F site.  How does that happen

Carol Baskin got it to save the last buck in 24b. She traded a lion cub to the state for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

I always get a kick out of people complaining they can’t get a hunt that they didn’t even put in for

I put in all 5 choices. The last 3 were for a unit that usually has leftovers (not 36abc) and wasn’t drawn. Only change was two threads on this website that showed deer and talked about the unit. I’m not mad but find it odd. Either way, I’m hunting elk this year so yeah.

4 hours ago, grey curse said:

Somebody knew someone somewhere.

Yup I remember when there was a zillion Coues tags . You could always get a late hunt too! 36's had a ton of tags leftover. Now to many people put in there Grandma There aunt and cousins and kids that don't care about hunting. That and simple fact that arizona Population goes up 100K every year. I was never a fan of hunter recruitment. To many allready. Thank You, call Me selfish.  ..Cat fish Kev, How many points You have now.............BOB!

• Like 1