Sign in to follow this  
muley224

Elk transplant to west virginia

West Virgina and RMEF paid for it. Not that it really matters.

why doesnt it matter

Because some things are just the right thing to do and benefit the world and not just an individual or group. Those are the things society should bear the cost of.

• Like 2

I like the idea of establishing elk herds in other states. It'll take a few years, maybe more than a decade, but eventually when these people have good elk hunting opportunities closer to home, maybe they won't have to apply for non-res tags and then our draw odds might get better.

• Like 1

I like the idea of establishing elk herds in other states. It'll take a few years, maybe more than a decade, but eventually when these people have good elk hunting opportunities closer to home, maybe they won't have to apply for non-res tags and then our draw odds might get better.

Based on the limited info from the article and with more than 2x the transplants they could have a lot in no time. 10k-15k after about 15 years in TN sounds like a great investment to me.

Just saw on the news that 60 head of Elk were rounded up East of Flagstaff and sent to West Virginia. Think it was 57 cows and 3 bulls. Whats your thoughts on this ?

Don't know but post some pics of your avatar buck please.

I think its a great thing. Wonder if that state has a forum thats gonna bad mouth the efforts of the officials. You all remember the sheep intro in 33 and the talk about it on here? It was good fun.

• Like 1

I love everything about this! Restoring elk populations to their native ranges is conservation at its finest. The fact that they are taking them out of Arizona says great things about the elk in our state. We have very strong populations and the healthiest elk in the country, free of the diseases elk are experiencing in many other states. 50 cows an 10 bulls are a drop in the bucket of what we have in this state. But if it cost me an extra year before I drew a tag, I'd be happy to do it. I hope this current program is successful and continues to expand to other states.

What ever happened to those Sheep in 33. Havn't heard anything in a few years. Did the Lions eat them all?............BOB!

Sheep alive and well. I wish to eat a mountain Lion. By the way Bob, dont mistake the fools in Tucson that wear kitty faces and protest what they dont understand for the Arizona Wildcats. LOL :)

• Like 1

I love everything about this! Restoring elk populations to their native ranges is conservation at its finest. The fact that they are taking them out of Arizona says great things about the elk in our state. We have very strong populations and the healthiest elk in the country, free of the diseases elk are experiencing in many other states. 50 cows an 10 bulls are a drop in the bucket of what we have in this state. But if it cost me an extra year before I drew a tag, I'd be happy to do it. I hope this current program is successful and continues to expand to other states.

Not me, if I get cucked out a tag by some toothless West Virginia coal miner I'd be pissed off

• Like 2

I like the video that would be a cool job!! I think relocating elk to Virginia was a good idea. Like someone else said if they start establishing herds in other

states draws might get easier LOL.

I think trading and selling our wildlife is all we'll and good as long as "we" (our herds and residents of Arizona) benefit from the trade or sale as well as the purchaser. In the article posted by tropyhseeker it states that west Virginia agencies covered the costs of the capture. Admittedly I scanned through the article, but my question would be what else did arizona get from the transaction? Something I hope

• Like 3