Jump to content
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

We’ll likely never see another dam constructed with the stranglehold the envirotards have on this country

I agree with this fully . The foresight and future vision of some of those old projects has been lacking of late

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sky Island junkie said:

We’ll likely never see another dam constructed with the stranglehold the envirotards have on this country

Your wrong on this topic!

Ongoing  plans to build a new dam on verde below bartlette.  

 

https://www.abc15.com/weather/impact-earth/plan-to-raise-bartlett-dam-could-bring-billions-of-gallons-of-water-to-the-valley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Edge said:

I always laughed when I saw that sign. I think it's posted on the old bridge before they built that ghastly roundabout?

Plus the other 2 with five more going on 93. Giving cochino valley and crotchnwood a run for their money with these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, i heard about it in a meeting a couple months ago. SRP is raising the bartlett dam a lot and Horseshoe lake will basically be a sediment trap. They also plan on damming a another spot near the salt river lakes and basically creating a new lake somewhere above canyon/apache lake. Arizona is the last state to “sign on” to the Colorado River water “lease” so we will be the first state that gets kicked off when the flow gets to a certain low point. SRP is trying to come up with solutions to supply water to AZ independently. Apparently thr salt and Verde supply enough water, we just don’t have the ability to hold it so we just blow it through the dams and more or less waste it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Yep, i heard about it in a meeting a couple months ago. SRP is raising the bartlett dam a lot and Horseshoe lake will basically be a sediment trap. They also plan on damming a another spot near the salt river lakes and basically creating a new lake somewhere above canyon/apache lake. Arizona is the last state to “sign on” to the Colorado River water “lease” so we will be the first state that gets kicked off when the flow gets to a certain low point. SRP is trying to come up with solutions to supply water to AZ independently. Apparently thr salt and Verde supply enough water, we just don’t have the ability to hold it so we just blow it through the dams and more or less waste it. 

Makes Sense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

above canyon/apache lake

Um, isn’t that now called Roosevelt Lake?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reliable source stated new dam down stream. Aprox 100+ ft. higher than old dam. Kinda like they did at lake pleasant.

Water could backup to Horseshoe when water level has reached its highest . 

Most likely a lot of us ole timers probably won't see it finished, or get a chance to fish it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, elkaholic said:

Reliable source stated new dam down stream. Aprox 100+ ft. higher than old dam. Kinda like they did at lake pleasant.

Water could backup to Horseshoe when water level has reached its highest . 

Most likely a lot of us ole timers probably won't see it finished, or get a chance to fish it. 

Immediately downstream, accurate source.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

They also plan on damming a another spot near the salt river lakes and basically creating a new lake somewhere above canyon/apache lake.

Also accurate but the word "lake" may be a bit deceiving regarding size and purpose. This one is for the MWs.

12 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

Um, isn’t that now called Roosevelt Lake?

The new power-generating pumped storage project is unnamed at the moment. It is very much in the feasibilty stages of planning.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×