Soar AZ

They are starting to hit CC

I have never hunted Elk before, so I thought I was sitting good putting in for a Cow Elk Tag as first choice and 2nd. A good way to learn the ins and outs. Nothing. I did have to update my credit card around the 11th due to Capital One Reissuing due to Fraud....but maybe I just didn't get lucky. Guess it really is HARD to get an Elk Tag. So bummed. Should I get ready for this kind of frustration for the rest of my life if I keep putting in for Elk?

It's all "luck of the draw", and the luck comes and goes. I've drawn 3 elk tags the last 10 years, and one year I didn't even apply (2 bull tags, 1 cow). Never reached more than 3bp's before I drew a tag. My son on the other hand has just drawn his first elk tag in 10 years of trying for the same hunts. There's often no explanation for it.

My old man put in for 8 years before he pulled his first elk tag. Us kids each pulled 2 in that time.

It sucks while you have to wait and aren't drawn, but when you are it is oh-so-sweet!

• Like 2

/> I have never hunted Elk before, so I thought I was sitting good putting in for a Cow Elk Tag as first choice and 2nd. A good way to learn the ins and outs. Nothing. I did have to update my credit card around the 11th due to Capital One Reissuing due to Fraud....but maybe I just didn't get lucky. Guess it really is HARD to get an Elk Tag. So bummed. Should I get ready for this kind of frustration for the rest of my life if I keep putting in for Elk?

A lot of cow hunts are pretty hard to draw, all you can do is keep putting in every year.

I have been on here just reading all about you guys getting hits on your credit card and just realizing this year was not going to happen for me. However my wife last night called me and told me she had some wonderful news. I thought maybe she got a promotion however I was wrong. I hit the jack pot my credit card was charged by game and fish for $135. 2014 Elk season here we come...

I am sorry for all of you who did not get drawn yet. Trust me I know the feeling but there is still some hope...

• Like 3

No guarantees, but I have it from a source who I consider to be pretty reliable that results will likely be posted tomorrow. Not good news for those of us whose credit cards have not been charged.

• Like 1

No guarantees, but I have it from a source who I consider to be pretty reliable that results will likely be posted tomorrow. Not good news for those of us whose credit cards have not been charged.

This would be awesome! I would love to know what hunt we got so we can start preparing!

About an hour ago AZGF called my dad and said his card was declined. He called them back turns out he had input one wrong number. He had 10 pts going into the draw. He's 62 and this is his first AZ elk tag. To say he's excited is an understatement! 27 early archery for both of us!

Good luck everyone! It's not over until they post results.

• Like 6

About an hour ago AZGF called my dad and said his card was declined. He called them back turns out he had input one wrong number. He had 10 pts going into the draw. He's 62 and this is his first AZ elk tag. To say he's excited is an understatement! 27 early archery for both of us!

That's awesome, good luck hope your pops hammers a good 1.

• Like 1

/>Congrats to your Dad! But shouldn't G&F have caught that when they charged him the $13 app fee?

Sometimes the CC companies will let it slide if all the other info is correct for a small charge like that but when they go to hit it for bigger money they say wait a minute. ....

An email to Amber and the Game dept for implementing the change which made that phone call possible would be a nice gesture. Last year, you would have been bounced. As a rule, all they get are complaints. An atta boy once in a while probably goes a long way.

• Like 8

My stepdad talked to G&F yesterday because the card he used was cancelled two weeks ago. He's out of the loop when it comes to all the new rules and stuff and he puts in all the western states, so he can't keep anything straight. But G&F told him the new rules on contacting card holders and they also told him draw results are coming out this week. Hope it's true!

This is a good thing for those that drew and had an issue with their cards. I'm hoping I see a call soon from 6029423000

• Like 1