lancetkenyon

Really? Really???

I got to wonder if its a matter of culture more than anything. Is it possible this guy could be from back northeast whitetail country somewhere? To this day everyone I know from those areas still puts their deer across their hoods and go show off the deer to their buddies. Its a tradition. Non hunters usually don't care one way or the other. Anti's cry but only to deaf ears.Schools still allow/excuse 1st day of deer season off. Oh and they hang their deer for 2 or 3 days before removing the hide.

Sense being here in the west for 30 some years I see the differences more than most. I cant stand to see any animal with the hide left on longer than it takes to get some pictures but we live in a different environment where we cant do that or we risk loosing the meat. Where I come from they drag their animals out whole, where we here in the west quarter and pack them out in pieces. They haul their guts, deer and all out of the field and bury their gut pile in a hole in the back yard. We leave it for the critters. Its all just a matter of culture.

Guest wdenike

Only on the Internet can so much misinformation be spread around like horse chit.

Take care , Willie

Not every hunter owns a full size truck to get their elk home in.This is the way I got my last bull back to camp.

post-6031-0-94130700-1442349431_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Aww heck, that bull is just restin. It carried the jeep for the first half the trip.

My last deer in MT before I moved to AZ a few years ago. Most harvested bulls in Montana can be seen outside the bar/s.

4b471e88-cfa0-4057-b1e3-4f2ed1826083_zps

Aww heck, that bull is just restin. It carried the jeep for the first half the trip.

My last deer in MT before I moved to AZ a few years ago. Most harvested bulls in Montana can be seen outside the bar/s.

4b471e88-cfa0-4057-b1e3-4f2ed1826083_zps

Must be some mean deer up there, with the muzzle n all.

• Like 4

I am just waiting for the picture of a bull or buck strapped to the top of a PRIUS :o

Coues deer buck would crush a Prius. :)

Brian