Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

Reminder: Trail cam meeting/webcast tonight at main G&F office

Just dont put them on water. Seems easy enough.

And double check that you're a 1/4 mile from a water source?
I just take a survey transit and shoot a line. Calculate the land lay and set my cam. Most quarter miles are more like 300 feet. The rule doesnt specify land lay or as the crow flys.
300 feet is a quarter of a quarter mile.
but how is it measured? Walking steps or a straight line? What if the water source is in a hilly area?
You go ahead and explain that to azgfd that you put it 300 feet because you're a surveyor. Let me know how that goes
I dont run cams on public water as it is. But I think its a good point, how do they measure? And Im not a surveyor. I just stayed at a holiday inn express last night!

The G&F were very clear at their workshop that this, being a fair chase rule, would apply to public AND PRIVATE land. It would basically become an illegal way to hunt, anywhere in the state, unless they adjust their proposal.
stop me from putting a camera on MY private pond on MY property! Wont happen.

you shoot deer without a tag on your property too?
weekly. With a camera. And I yell at the dang things when they get in my fruit trees!

I just take a survey transit and shoot a line. Calculate the land lay and set my cam. Most quarter miles are more like 300 feet. The rule doesnt specify land lay or as the crow flys.
but how is it measured? Walking steps or a straight line? What if the water source is in a hilly area?
You go ahead and explain that to azgfd that you put it 300 feet because you're a surveyor. Let me know how that goes
I dont run cams on public water as it is. But I think its a good point, how do they measure? And Im not a surveyor. I just stayed at a holiday inn express last night!

The G&F were very clear at their workshop that this, being a fair chase rule, would apply to public AND PRIVATE land. It would basically become an illegal way to hunt, anywhere in the state, unless they adjust their proposal.

weekly. With a camera. And I yell at the dang things when they get in my fruit trees!

Better pepper your angus, azgfd is monitoring this thread

Better pepper your angus, azgfd is monitoring this thread

Im by the book. Nothing illegal going on so I wont worry.

"Better pepper your angus, azgfd is monitoring this thread"

Haha... they cant even monitor their units...

"Better pepper your angus, azgfd is monitoring this thread"

Haha... they cant even monitor their units...

its all fun and games until they catch you with your angus unpeppered.

I have elk on my property pretty much twice per day. I also routinely have deer, wolves, coyotes, fox, raccoons, skunks and a few other animals occasionally like javelina. I "take" pictures of them pretty much daily with my trail camera set up. I do not shoot them. I fail to understand how anyone can stop me from "taking pictures only" on my property.......even though I have a stock tank on forest service property only about 200 yards from my property!!

1. There will always be cameras on waterholes and or trick tanks irregardless if the commission votes on a proposal today. If u dont have a tag or are not helping someone you can put up a camera.

Its all about Their fair chase perspective in aiding or abetting of taking wildlife.

2. They have 5 proposals that were given to 2 of the commissioners . Mr. Davis & Mr. Zeiler . They will decide which ones go to the commission for a vote. Which they may or may not vote on today.

Its the last thing on the agenda of a huge day for the commissioners so long day ahead.

SirRoyal

• Like 1

1. There will always be cameras on waterholes and or trick tanks irregardless if the commission votes on a proposal today. If u dont have a tag or are not helping someone you can put up a camera.

Its all about Their fair chase perspective in aiding or abetting of taking wildlife.

2. They have 5 proposals that were given to 2 of the commissioners . Mr. Davis & Mr. Zeiler . They will decide which ones go to the commission for a vote. Which they may or may not vote on today.

Its the last thing on the agenda of a huge day for the commissioners so long day ahead.

SirRoyal

I have yet to hear a compelling answer to how cameras are a violation to the principles of fair chase and I have only heard stories of tanks with a dozen cameras. I have never, personally, observed any issues in all the places where I go. I guess this is where a bunch of conservatives turn around and behave/think like nanny state liberals.

• Like 3

I have elk on my property pretty much twice per day. I also routinely have deer, wolves, coyotes, fox, raccoons, skunks and a few other animals occasionally like javelina. I "take" pictures of them pretty much daily with my trail camera set up. I do not shoot them. I fail to understand how anyone can stop me from "taking pictures only" on my property.......even though I have a stock tank on forest service property only about 200 yards from my property!!

Hay Bullwinke if your camera is not pointing at the tank outside of your property and you are not trying to capture a Bull at 200 yds then you will not be arrested whipped and exposed to all of us as a scoff law. Jeeze

All of you that are watching did you notice how fast they went thru the budget without a question? They are in a hurry to get to the fun stuff why worry where the G&F spends our money. :mellow:

• Like 1

Silly question for anyone who might be watching the Commission Meeting...why are there now 3 organizations for deer in the State. PM is cool if you don't want to spill it here.

watching... How much longer till the camera decision?

Up now