Sign in to follow this  
PowellSixO

How come this stuff never makes news in AZ???

5 hours ago, dustin25 said:

I’m a bit stumped by your reaction to me. I’m on your side here... you don’t think sometimes things go a little too far in the heat of the moment as a cop? You’ve never taken someone down a little harder then maybe you should’ve? Or pepper sprayed or tased someone, only to wonder later if it was completely necessary? I’m just saying that people need to comply with law enforcement. That’s what you guys do. It’s for everyone’s benefit. That cop got carried away. heck im human too. Maybe you’re so well trained, so level headed that going a little too far is unthinkable. But, most cops are humans, and it happens,even to the best of them. If that guy just answered the questions, and didn’t start stashing things and digging through his bag, which obviously and rightfully made that cop nervous, then none of this would’ve ever happened 

I understand where you are coming from but this officer was suspended for 30 hrs. There was a criminal investigation and the case was sent to the county attorneys office who decided not to charge the officer with crimes (the case is being looked at again). This is not a case of “went a little too far”.  I always give the benefit of the doubt but after watching the video and reading the investigation I have my opinion.  People are always doing things that make cops nervous but that doesn’t make every action justified. 

• Like 2

I side with the police.  I'll save my sympathy for innocent victims, these clearly were not.  When will people learn to comply?  It's not that hard.  If you have a problem with an officer, fine, get a badge number and take care of it at a better time and place.  I somehow never find myself in situations like this.  

• Like 1

Situations for LEOs escalate quickly and can turn deadly. The officer made a choice on this call. He didn’t use kid gloves on this guy this is apparent. You reach for something while an officer is performing an investigation. Well hang on pardnerit’s about to get western on ya.

16 hours ago, elecshoc said:

Brings up the question, would you take a taser to the testies for a couple mil?

True story

A guy my brother worked with said he'd get tased in the nuts for a 100 bucks. My brother said ok.  Sold tickets to the public works Dept for 10 dollars each and got a cop to use to taser him as a demonstration.  40 people bought tickets.  My brother kept the other 300.00 bucks.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I'm a huge advocate for law enforcement and will generally give them the benefit of the doubt. But that dude definately needs fired. Thank God for body cams. How many poor bastards in that same situation ended up with an assault charge and resisting arrest when it was just a cop with a God complex. 

So am I. But not in Glendale. U think the bulk of cops there couldn't get hired elsewhere.

4 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Situations for LEOs escalate quickly and can turn deadly. The officer made a choice on this call. He didn’t use kid gloves on this guy this is apparent. You reach for something while an officer is performing an investigation. Well hang on pardnerit’s about to get western on ya.

he wasn't reaching for anything when they tazed him in the jewels.  that kids about to get rich.

1 hour ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Flip side.....everybody gets all bent out of shape when a cop shoots a guy with a knife........in this case they tazed him...........maybe he should be counting his blessings it was just a tazer???

Wait.....you can shoot them with a knife?  Not bullets?

1 hour ago, Hunterjohnny said:

Wait.....you can shoot them with a knife?  Not bullets?

Come on Johnny......cop has a gun perp has a knife.....cop shoots the perp and is a criminal because in the split second he didn't choose a more compassionate way to handle the knifer!!! :)

23 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Dealing with low life dirt bags would get a little frustrating I'm sure.

We don't know that guys background.   Maybe he just got done working on a construction site, fell on hard times, etc etc.   Lets not be so quick to judge...the cop was an idiot in this case there's no doubt about it.

19 minutes ago, Green Bullet said:

We don't know that guys background.   Maybe he just got done working on a construction site, fell on hard times, etc etc.   Lets not be so quick to judge...the cop was an idiot in this case there's no doubt about it.

Well it says he's currently in prison on an unrelated burglary charge...